Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet ink advantage 3835
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Margins in printer-Hp DeskJet ink advantage 3835 all in one printer -- have tried everything but cannot get printer to print according to the margins I set in MS word! Driving me crazy as my previous hp printer worked perfectly.

I have to redo all spacing and layouts on pages before I can print and that makes printer unusable.   

Is there a way to change the settings in the printer?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ElmaHP

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3835 All-in-One Printer and it does not print according to the margins set in Microsft Word. You have to redo all spacing and layouts on the pages before you print. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Are you facing similar issues while printing from other applications?
  • Is the printer able to print and copy other documents fine or do they look misaligned?
  • Do you see the "print preview" before initiating the print?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the steps as described in this link.

NOTE: please select the correct paper type and paper size from the print settings. 

I hope this information helps. Please free to reply with the results. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for your time.

And yes I have no problem with other documents. only those created in MS word. I set paper margins on left at 1cm ( my precious HP printers did that with no problem, but this one will not take less than 1.45cm and that makes it very frustrating as I have so much material already created that printed before without any problem.

I can not redo it all. Those margins are very important in my work. 

Sadly, I am considering returning the printer and find something that is more user -friendly.

This is the second problem I have had with this model. When I installed the printer it would print pdf files and print from CS3, BUT NO WORD DOCUMENTS.

That problem was solved after hours of time wasted,by this forum's advice to download another driver (HP 9900) Now I can print MS word documents but for a printer that can do borderless printing I can not understand why it is so difficult to get margins right. It keeps cutting of the Line or side of the page.

The colour quality is very nice. But I am disappointed with all the issues.

HP Recommended

@ElmaHP

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

HP Recommended

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi ElmaHP,

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.   Click  upper corner to open private message.

Cheers,

Cheron

HP

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.