Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Some help would be really appreciated. 🙂 Not working.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Sorry, I suggest you call HP on the phone now.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
When you start the install of the printer the USB cable must be unplugged. Do not plug in the USB cable until the software tell you to do so. Also, make sure you are using a USB 2.0 port on the computer.
HP Recommended

It still doesn't work. Not working.png

HP Recommended
Try another cable, try another computer. If no joy, take the printer back for replacement.
HP Recommended

I've had this printer for a few years now and it works fine with the same cable when connected to my Windows 7 lapotp. 

HP Recommended
OK, looks like it may be your new computer. Make sure you totally deinstall the software provided. Now try again.
HP Recommended

I tried again and it still does not work. 😞

HP Recommended

Download the Win 10 full featured software and drivers here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-1510-All-in-One-Printer-series/5157551/mo...

Deinstall what you have and run this.  Make sure the USB cable is unplugged.

HP Recommended

If the above fails again....

Let’s download and run the HP Print and Scan doctor, what does this say?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

HP Recommended

It said this:                                 I then installed it and I encountered the same problem as previously 'connect the usb cable' Not working 3.png

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.