Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought a new ProBook 4530s less than 2 weeks ago. It is running Windows 7 64 bit. I was using it today on battery power when it shut down unexpectedly.  Apparently the battery was low.  I was listening to music and did not hear any low battery warning.  Certainly, there was no popup message.  I plugged in the charger and restarted the computer.  Now I see an icon on the bottom right of the screen that apparently means No Battery is Detected.  The yellow light on the left side of the laptop next to the power cord is flashing.  I did some research online and tried removing and replacing the battery several times.  No change.  Originally, I was unable to start the computer from the battery at all.  Now I find that I have enough power that I can start from the battery, so it must be getting some power in spite of the icon.   I have now restarted several times, plugged in and on battery.  I always get the No Battery message and the flashing yellow light.  

I have looked at Device Manager, and it says that the battery is fine.  Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I used the HP Warranty Service online chat.  The service person went through the suggested scenario above, but it did not work, so he wrote up an order and had a new battery sent to me by overnight delivery.  The new battery totally solved the problem.  Kudos to HP for honoring the warranty and fixing this!!!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 30 seconds

3-reinstall only power cord for first startup. In Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall .

4-When the uninstall is complete, shut the notebook down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and power on the notebook. Windows will automatically reinstall the driver

If all else fails call HP for service>> Contact HP

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I tried it.  No joy.  I guess I will look for warranty service.  

HP Recommended

I used the HP Warranty Service online chat.  The service person went through the suggested scenario above, but it did not work, so he wrote up an order and had a new battery sent to me by overnight delivery.  The new battery totally solved the problem.  Kudos to HP for honoring the warranty and fixing this!!!

HP Recommended

Excellent! Happy to hear the problem was solved quickly.

HP Recommended

I tried this on the HP Probook 4730s which has been showing "No battery is detected" in the taskbar power icon.

This fix does not work. 

I have also tried several other versions of this fix and none of them work.

I am quite surprised that HP would have it's name on a forum like this and leave it to amateurs to offer advice.  Simply because someone calls themself an "HP Expert" does not mean anything.  I registered a few minutes ago for this forum and I could have chosen as a screen name "HP Global Technician" and no-one would have objected.

What a joke!

HP Recommended
THIS THREAD IS MARKED IS ONE OF ONLY TWO "BATTERY" RELATED THREADS MARKED AS "SOLVED" AND I NOT THAT THE ONLY WAY THIS THREAD WAS "SOLVED" IS TO PURCHASE A NEW BATTERY. I SMELL A RAT. I THINK THAT HP'S BATTERY DRIVER IS DODGY.
HP Recommended

@AndreCo 

Sorry to hear nothing here has helped resolve your problem. Though machines are basically the same-you may get more help posting in the Probook specific section of the Business support forum rather than Consumer class forum.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-EliteBook/bd-p/bsc-274#.UxE_OGMVvmQ

Btw-HP provides this forum as a peer to peer support group-not an official venue to interact with HP Support.Much like Dell,Toshiba,etc host user forums. I did not choose HP Expert as my screen name-which is CherylG. The HP Expert program is sponsored by HP for top contributors.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-News/Top-10-Reasons-to-Become-an-HP-Expert/td-p/1829021

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having the same problem as stated in this thread, only my operating system is WIndows 8.1.

I have tried the fix mentioned and it has not resolved the issue.

Who can I contact? This laptop is brand new and only arrived yesterday so is definitely still under warranty.

Many thanks,

Matt

HP Recommended

Thanks buddy,

Solved my problem instantly

More Grease to your elbow

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.