Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello 

I have just changed my wireless router (an Orange Livebox Play) and I cannot connect my printer wirelessly - it worked fine on the previous Orange Livebox.  The new Livebox router is working fine with everything else.  

I have tried associating the router with the printer by WPS but it seems like the router cannot detect the printer, or vice versa. 

I have tried associating it via the WPS method (on the router and via the config panel on my PC) andvia the Pin - neither works

I have also re-booted everything and reset the default printer settings

I have printed a test page and the first diagnostics line - Wireless On says FAIL.  However, the wireless seems to be turned on and the light on the front of the printer is lit up blue. 

I have tried to download the printer install software but cannot as the HP website says it is included as an Apple update. 

I have also tried the HP Utility but it cannot see my printer - obviously as it is not conencted to the network

I don't know what else to try. 

My computer is a Mac  OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) but I have access to a Windows machine too. 

When I try the HP Software update, it says the server is not available (!!)

Is there a way to manually downlaod the install programme?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello sprynn,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having a little bit of an issue connecting the printer with your new router.

Please click on the following link that explains Connecting the Printer After Changing Your Wireless Network.

Please feel free to write me back if you are still having issues or if you have any other questions.

Cheers,   Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello

Thanks for your reply and trying to help. In fact I have already seen this instruction and I cannot get past step 2. I have tried both the push button and the PIN methods and neither works.  The printer just times out.  When I use the push button method, my router confirms it is trying to connect to the device but cannot detect a device.  When I print the test page it says the wireless if turned off on the printer, however, the blue light on the front is lit up.  I get the impression it is the printer which cannot connect to the router and not the other way around. Could it be that there is a problem with the wireless on the printer?  Although it was working before I changed the router. 

Any further ideas gratefully welcome.  Sarah 

HP Recommended

Hello again sprynn,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Aside from the document that I have provided and the thought of the printer having an issue. I would check the printers power cable to make sure you have it connected to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip.

Here is a document that uses a LaserJet printer as an example but it is meant for HP products in general. Please click on the following link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here: click here.

Thanks again for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Were you able to solve this problem because I have the exact same issue upon switching to LiveBox Play from LiveBox.

Thank you. 

HP Recommended
No sorry. I never got it working. I have to physically connect my mac to the printer with a cable. A real pain. I won't be buying another HP printer.
HP Recommended

Thanks. I'm at the same point. Interesting problem, just wish it wasn't ours 🙂 I'm with you - looks like the need to buy another printer. 

HP Recommended

SOLVED (for a mac anyways)

This worked for me:

1. Delete any previously set up (or attempts to set up) for this printer
  2. Remove the usb cable from the printer if you have one connected
  3. Reset the printer network (this is done through the printer display by selecting reset to network defaults)
  4. Turn ON the wireless radio on the printer (under network)
  5. On your computer go to network display and change the wireless network from whatever you are on...to hpsetup (it should appear as a wifi network) - FOR MAC, you can just go to your wireless symbol at the top, click it and select hpsetup from the list
  6. Go to your mac system preferences and open printers & scanners
  7. Add a printer (by clicking the + button at the bottom of the list) - the HP b209a should appear in the pop up box list, select it, thus adding it to your list on the left pane, closing that pop up
  8. Select it from your printer list and in the main pane, click the options and supplies button, and then click on the Show Printer Webpage
  9. Click on the networking tab > then on the left list select wireless or 802.11in the left pane > start network wizard should be an option in the right pane...start it and change the network from hpsetup to your network (this is where it will ask you for your network password)
  10. Finish (this page may freeze up.  close the browser)
  11. Go back to network display and change the wireless network back to your network.
  12. Try printing something to your printer.
HP Recommended

Hello Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. If you have any additional information, we recommend edit or start a new post. To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number) • Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A 2. Operating System installed (if applicable) • Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit 3. Error message (if any) • Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows 4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred • Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router. If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message! Thank you

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.