Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-08-2017 11:31 AM
In leftside, same vertical as the "?" and horisontalt with the blue line. 2 cm below the "?" - on the black screen (no sign there) - tap about 5 times - and you have the support menu. Hope it makes sence - I am frem Denmark som not perfect in english.
08-08-2017 11:58 AM
The trick for those still searching is to tap on the black bit (as you say, there is no sign there) at the same level as the blue bar which has things like 'Copy' on it. Tap several times 2 cm below the lit up ? sign.
This gave me the menu.
I have to go out now so will try resetting things when I get back later tonight (I'm in the UK).
Thank you so much for your help.
08-09-2017 01:42 AM
I did the semi-reset, including complete download of the software.
However, it is still not possible to select borderless printing on plain paper.
Sorry, HP, there really does seem to be a fault. I bought this printer precisely because it offered borderless printing.
This problem has been hanging around for several weeks now. I'm very happy to help try things out, but not very happy having been sold something I'm struggling to use as I need to.
All help gratefully received.
08-09-2017 05:05 AM
Sorry, I was not claear about what the problem would solve. It would solve issouces about paperjam.
But I am able to print borderless in tray 1 on A3 by setting the printer to other dull paper. But still use normal paper.
This is working for me - not the best solution - but it works. (except I had severel paperjam - but this semi reset has as it seems removed this issue.
I think the problem startet with the first paperjam - then you haveto move the printerhead manually to get the print out - after that I had paperjam every second time. It seems to be solved with this reset. Proberly becasuse the printerhead now stands precisely as it was suppose.
But I give you both right - it should be able to print borderless on both tray 1 and 2 and to normal paper. The same way the automatic should work so it will take from the right tray nomatter what size of paper you print.
Hopefully there will come an update or a new better printer in time. One that also can scan A3 as it is suppose to do.
But still - its the best printer I have had so far.
09-12-2017 10:44 PM
HP, is anything happening about this? It is not a good solution having to select a different paper type (which may use more ink and/or produce a paper jam).
This problem must be trivial to solve. It has caused me a lot of low level irritating problems with attempting to print borderless posters for our charity and I have wasted hours on work-arounds.
Please just mend this problem. Look at the code. Ask yourself why the word 'Plain' in paper choice stops borderless and remove the glitch.
12-19-2017 09:52 AM
Hi DVortex - I followed the directions you offered @Brian_Davies, but there is no option to select borderless: (4. Also, check the borderless printing option. Check under the "Advanced" tab as well.) doesn't exist...
How can I print simple borderless aka bleed prints, both 8.5" x 11 and 11" x 17" from either tray 1 or 2?
12-20-2017 06:57 PM - edited 12-20-2017 06:58 PM
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues while printing on your HP OfficeJet 7740 printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.
I would suggest here is to create a customer paper size and check if that helps. Before that I would suggest you could try these steps here, to ensure you have followed all the troubleshooting steps
- Go to Control Panel – Devices and printers.
- Right-click on Officejet 7740 and select “Printing Preferencesces”.
- Under the Paper/Quality tab, change your paper type and the paper size.
- Also, check the borderless printing option. Check under the "Advanced" tab as well.
- Now, come to the program that you are using to print and check.
NB: Borderless printing will not work when you use 2-sided printing.
If the issue persists, then you will have to reinstall the printer software as suggested below:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Now click https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers (Please enter the product number or the name and then select the Operating system to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Now, try changing the settings under the printing preferences and check again.
If you have already tried these steps and still having the issue. I would suggest here is to follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Creating Custom Paper Sizes
If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
I am an HP Employee
02-03-2018 02:51 PM
Did anyone get this to work as I'm trying to print A3 borderless from tray 2 but keep getting "selection conflicts were encountered, would you like them auto resolved"
If I click yes it removes borderless option and if I click no then when I click "ok" it just keeps displaying the message.
I have only had the printer a week and had to download the files from the HP website as my desktop wont run disks for some reason.
Anyway really need this function to work, so any advice would be appreaciated.
Also what paper option should I choose to print 350gsm cotton canvas?