Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have an Officejet Pro 8100

Was configured on my home network for both USB and Wireless Printing Previously

Old router failed so installed new router

Unable to configure to get access via new wireless router

*when running install the printer asks to plug in USB cable - I plug it in  - then it goes to the step of asking for wireless password but then errors saying

'To configure the network settings of the selected device, please connect it temporarily via USB. The device can be disconnected from the USB once the network settings are transferred.'

BUT USB IS plugged in 

Have tried to completely un-install printer, sofware, drivers, etc and then do full re-install - no success

Router is an ASUS RT-N66U

Was wondering if there is a way to do a full factory reset to clear the printers memory as I've tried unplugging, waiting for 5 mins, and then plugging back in without success of a true full reset.

Any suggestions as I am at a loss. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi bketchy,

This new router has two differnet radio's built into it. You need to make sure you are connecting the printer to the correct SSID name  for the 2.4 GHZ radio. If you have both the 2.4 & 5.0 GHZ configured with the same SSID name you will want to chnange the SSIP mame wich should allow you to connect the printer. Follow the steps in the document below.

Unable to Connect to a Wireless Network

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi bketchy,

This new router has two differnet radio's built into it. You need to make sure you are connecting the printer to the correct SSID name  for the 2.4 GHZ radio. If you have both the 2.4 & 5.0 GHZ configured with the same SSID name you will want to chnange the SSIP mame wich should allow you to connect the printer. Follow the steps in the document below.

Unable to Connect to a Wireless Network

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

OK - so I did as you suggest, change the SSIDs to differentiate so I now know it is attempting to login to the 2.4 but still no success. I then completely uninstalled and re-installed the software but no success. It still fails to complete the configuration at the point after requesting the wireless n/w password. Other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi bketchy,

What you will need to do is setup the printer using the USBSOW - USB Setup of wireless option to get the printer connected to your network. Please follow the steps below, and also the video on USBSOW.

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection (Using an Acce...

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.