Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The HP Envy 110 and 120 are good looking, compact printers. They print fine, but are the victim of HP's greed. You have to use their original cartridges, and nowhere on their packaging does it state this. 

The refusal to print if you dare source your own perfectly good cartridges is nothing short of FRAID/THEFT. HP is a fallen company, and we can only hasten it's demise by purchasing no more HP products (however good the original product/price looks). 

Boycot HP

HP Recommended

Read all of the posts and all the answers.  It appears it is impossible to Override the error message " Error message:  Non-HP cartridge(s) installed.  HP cannot guarantee quality. Or reliability on non-HP supplies."

Very disappointed with HP & the circle of non-sense I've been sent in to resolve the issue - it is really not a problem with any of my equipment or supplies it is HP doing this to me becuase I wanted to save some money and use an ORIGINAL HP cartridge that has been refilled.  As soon as I install a new HP cartridge everything is fine. Install a fresh refill cartridge and the error message pops up with no way to bypass it and print.  HP prevents me from using my printer however I want to use it. 

Shame on you HP - this is a bad - your reputation is on the line - I have everything HP - HP laptop - multiple HP printers, inkjet, laser printers - all my office printers at the company I own are HP and the little ENVY at home won't let me save a couple of bucks and use my own refill cartidge.

Time to turn away from HP and look for a different printer company.

HP Recommended

Hello.

I have an HP DesignJet 110 Plus. I've already tried the hard reset, but ther is still the message that tere is no ink in the cartridges.

I've already clean contacts, but anything seems to help.

Please your help with this issue.

HP Recommended

Try a new official genuine HP cartridge. refills or fake cartridges not allowed. Somehow the cartridge use is tracked by the printer and if the printer believes the cartridge is finished or used up there is no way to reset it even if you refill it and even if the cartridge is full.

It can even happen to a Genuine HP cartridge if it is past its expiration date or damaged.

Best to buy a fresh HP Cartridge and try it.  All the other suggestions about plug/unplug , wipe, clear, hard reset and my favorite - make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall power socket are NONSENSE and don't do anything to reset the code in the cartridge.  It is my guess that the printer cannot update or write TO the info on the cartridge. Printer can only read FROM the cartridge and if what it reads says Don't Print then you can never fix it.  Get a new Genuine HP Cartridge.

HP Recommended

This is very irritating. I was supplied an out of date 300XL black cartridge by a reputable online company. No where on the external package was there an expiry date. My Envy 110 indicated that the cartridge was not a genuine HP product. I finally receieved a refund from the vendor after ringing HP to find out what the problem was.

In very faint writing on the end of the cartridge is written the expiry date. Buyer beware; ask the vendor to confirm the expiry date before purchase.

I am following this up with Trading Standards North Yorkshire. The complaint reference is 14198078. Their phone number is 03454 040 506

I repeat, it is not possible to see an expiry date on the external packaging.

HP Recommended

Hi @Stephen65,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you David,

the company supplying me is called "Findmysupplies". http://www.findmysupplies.co.uk/

They are supplying me with a refund for the out of date cartridge. The point is that, especially if you are a low user of ink, without knowing the expiry date of a cartridge at the point of purchase confidence in the product is low.

My Envy 110, D411a serial number CN19MC22JH added to my concerns when the display indicated that the cartridge was not a genuine product.

I called your London office directly; one of your most helpful colleagues quckly worked out that I was using a time expired cartridge. Gemma White, who handles problems at "Findmysupplies" offered a refund when presented with this evidence.

My local Trading Standards office indicated that, despite the warranty, which in anycase was expired, my consumer rights had been infringed by the vendor. I have no contract with HP as I didn't make the purchase from you.

The absense of and expiry date on the external packaging is still however an issue.

Best wishes and thankyou for your reply.

Steve Swindells

ps your colleague JeffHelp has also replied offering help. I don't suppose and override id possible on the 110 Envy!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Stephen65,

I am really happy for you. I hope the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time and you too. 🙂

It has been an absolute privilege to have worked with you and to share this platform with you.:) I thank you greatly for that. I hope things work great for you. Trust me I've done all I can to help here and I genuinely hope things work great for you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a gorgeous weekend ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can someone share the super secret top secret solution? I've cleaned and reset several times and am still getting the error. The cartridges are not exprired and freshly installed. I'm beyond frustrated.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Hi. I've bought a Cannon printer. It overcomes all the problems I've endured with HP and cartridge recognition.
Steve
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.