Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Team,

I have bought a HP M1136 MFP printer and after installing all the drivers as described in the CD provided, I am not able to scan or photocopy my documents.

When I try to scan or photocopy a document, i recieve a blank page.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
Sorry that you are experiencing this issue. First, you will need to see if the hardware is functioning correctly before scanning.

I noticed you said when you try to make a photocopy, its blank. See if you are able to make a self-test page from the printer itself.

Also try to make a copy of just a regular document and see what happens.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

@Rudy1906 wrote:
Sorry that you are experiencing this issue. First, you will need to see if the hardware is functioning correctly before scanning.

I noticed you said when you try to make a photocopy, its blank. See if you are able to make a self-test page from the printer itself.

printer is working properly but enable to scan device show busy

HP Recommended

@KDCHANDER wrote:

@Rudy1906 wrote:

printer is working properly but enable to scan device show busy

HP Recommended

have got the same problem with my system too...

printer works fine ... even on the network print

scanner and copier works at times n most of the time i get the blank page printout in case of copier and blank screen in scanner even though i have a paper or document inside the scanner ...

please help..... no error code is displayed...

HP Recommended
My M1136 MFP have the same problem as mentioned above.

The copier and scanner didnt work and getting a blank page. This is a 2 month old machine. This function works 1 in 70 trials.

I have taken this to Hp service center, but they told it was fine.it works while they checked as i mentoned the 1 in 70 chance.

The printer works fine anyway. i have updated the driver and firmware and have done all the troubleshooting requested by HP support team.

Is this type hardware that Hp is supplying ?. Due to this problem my trust over HP hardware gone away.Do we need any blessings to work the machine properly.?

This is very frustrating as we urgently want to use scanner/copier .
HP Recommended

Hi nelsk,

I understand you are having a blank page issue with your M1136 printer, and it doesn't happen all the time so you've had some problems getting the issue resolved. I definitely understand that you have done your share of troubleshooting and haven't gotten very far so I am going to include a link below that has some steps specifically for scanning and getting blank pages (you'll want to scroll down to where it says Scan-quality problems and the first Problem in the chart is Blank pages).

http://goo.gl/xn9iUj

If that still doesn't resolve your issue, I would ensure that the printer is plugged directly to a wall outlet (as opposed to a power-bar or surge protector) and that the firmware of the unit is up to date. To update the firmware click the link below and it will direct you to click Next beside the operating system, and then proceed to scroll down and find the firmware option.

http://goo.gl/2yVV8G;

Hopefully this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem. Scan & copy sometime work and mostly they do not. My printed is 6 month pld only. Extremely frustating experience. Totally disappinting with HP home printers. My previous printer was also HP and reget that I went for repete buy of a HP product. 

Please advise what is the cuase of the problem and suggest solution.

HP Recommended

photocopy and scan does not work for my m1136 mfp

and one more problem that a massage create paper jam in printer

HP Recommended

Scan copy not print blanck copy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.