Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Did that end up helping? I have tried all recommendations including the one he gave above, but nothing has worked and I don't have 2 days to wait to see if it will work. What's funny is it worked just fine in one room after i changed the ink cartridge, but when I unplugged it and moved it into another, that's when the problem began.

KYLE - PLEASE HELP ME (begging)
HP Recommended

I have the answer! Take the 5510 to the nearest recycling centre and buy a new, non-HP printer.  It solved the problem immediately, and made me feel a whole lot better as well 🙂

HP Recommended

My HP 5100 Photosmart ran out of black ink.  I purchased another cartridge (hi capacity) and it will not print black anymore.  can you please send me the reset procedures so I can get it working again?

HP Recommended

My 5510 has done the same thing. Very maddening! I have run all the tests as well to no avail. Still no black in printing.

What is the 'other' solution?  Please help!

HP Recommended

Can I ask you if you took the black ink cartridge with you to the store to buy the replacement?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem- my printer, the HP Photosmart  5512 was working fine, then the black stopped working. I put in a brand new HP cartridge, black xl, to try again, and now nothing, not even a drop.

Did the reset- left it unplugged most of today. Still nothing. Have tried to run alignment and printhead cleaning tools, with no luck there either.

Have not had printer long, maybe a year or so- but not long enough for it to stop working. My last HP printer lasted about 3 or 4 years, so I was hoping to get at least that again.

Please help,  HP!

HP Recommended

No, I had previously purchased 2 black ink cartridges the last time I needed a replacement.  I always like to keep one on hand so I won't run out.

HP Recommended

these threads need to be linked- looks like there are a lot of people having this issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/My-5510-photosmart-printer-will-not-pri...

how many other threads are out there with frustrated customers?

HP Recommended

Please do not delete this forum- one user may have been helped but there are numerous still looking for answers

HP Recommended

I just got mine working....

The problem seems to be that I removed my black cartridge to take it to the store to match it up. 

That dried out the print head.   So when I put the new cartridge in, the print head was dried up and the ink would not flow.

So....this is what I did:

1.  I removed the cartridge

2.  I used a q-tip with isopropyl alcohol and swabbed the round print head on the printer...where the black cartridge went.   It took a bit to get it cleaned.

3.  I replaced the cartridge

4.  On the control panel of the printer I went to Setup  (gear icon)

5.  From Setup, I went to Tools

6.  From Tools I scrolled down to Clean Printhead

7.  The printer went through the clean cycle

I had already tried to clean the printheads before, but with the alcohol swab, it made the difference.  Now it prints

This sort of aligns with others on this board who have had the same problem then after leaving the ink cartridge in the printer for a few days, the dried print head softens up and starts to print.

Let me know if this works for you too!!  Hope it does

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.