Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue..

If you could send me the details on the hard reset, i would appreciate it.

I have followed the reset instructions above.

HP Recommended

I'm obviously having the same problem as everyone here with the same model of printer no longer printing black ink.  I have tried for a couple weeks to fix the problem including every kind of troubleshooting and the unplugging reset here.  I have also only purchased genuine HP cartridges and have tried two new ones to no avail.  Could you please PM me the additional resets to try?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I thought my issue was fixed as my printer did indeed start working but now it's not printing again. Pretty darn tired of this. At this point, the frustration just isn't worth it. I don't think I will be buying an HP printer again nor will I ever recommend the product. I intend to attempt to get my printer working again this upcoming weekend - if it doesn't start working, I guess I'll have to invest in a better printer.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem - 5510 series, new genuine HP cartridges inserted (complete set) and now black ink won't print.  Have tried the hard reset - any chance of the magic private reset details, please?  I'd much rather try those than spend on a new printer.

HP Recommended

Hello Bathchair,

Please take a look at this document and follow the troubleshooting steps and let me know if that helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I have been trying for 2 days with 0 success in getting my HP 5510 to print black.  It prints color just fine, but nothing

black will print.  I have tried the shut down, cleaning the printer head and leaving it unplugged - nothing works.

I have only had this printer about 6-8 months and it is not used too much.

What else can I try?

HP Recommended

Hello chocolate4me,

If the printer is only 6-8 months old, it is still in warranty, so I suggest calling in and speaking to a rep.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, begin Here.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Cannot find my receipt!!:(
HP Recommended

I was way out on how old the printer is (time flies by) so there is no warranty:(

Any thoughts on how to fix this thing?

HP Recommended

Suddently, as for many others my printer decided to start behaving and printing in black again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.