Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the boiling water trick !! It ABSOLUTELY helped !! I have a BRAND NEW printer !!!   THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU !! EASY, SIMPLE FIX !!!!

HP Recommended

Tried the cleaning procedures now all I get is a big wide black line printing length of page! Before I was getting totally blank pages when printing.

HP Recommended

@bryc wrote:

Tried the cleaning procedures now all I get is a big wide black line printing length of page! Before I was getting totally blank pages when printing.

Can you post a scan of the issue you are seeing?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I would really like to but I have scanned the document(s) but can not get them attached to this email (?)

HP Recommended

When you make a post at the top you'll see options for changing the font to Bold etc. You'll also see a picture of a tree, which is a button to add a Photo to your post.

Any hassles let me know and I'll add screenshots

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

scan0001.jpgscan0002.jpg

@Ciara_B wrote:

When you make a post at the top you'll see options for changing the font to Bold etc. You'll also see a picture of a tree, which is a button to add a Photo to your post.

Any hassles let me know and I'll add screenshots

I hope this helps. The line down the center of page seems to be getting lighter the more I try to print. I thought at first it was caused by some issue when tried to connect a laptop wirelessly to printer but the fact that it doesn't copy makes me think it has to be the printer.

HP Recommended

Just tried again to print a document and it actually printed very faintly but when tried to print the document again after needing to resize it came out barely legible.

HP Recommended

The black marks are caused by ink on the rollers, this may be corrected as shown in step three of the document here. 

To address the issue of black ink not printing the document here may help.   If that does not resolve the issue the post here may help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

All of these links have been tried.  Guess I need to order a print head or go buy another printer.  And just after spending $90 for 4 large capacity ink cartridges. I know its not your problem but am quite unhappy with HP right now!

HP Recommended

Cleaned rollers and still get the line on a blank sheet of paper. Am hesitant to buy a print head if something else is causing the vertical line. can't be rollers as it doesn't match up with the rollers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.