Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Are you saying that you use the same wifi card but insert it in another direction before trying to locate a new one?

HP Recommended

No one is suggesting inserting the same deficient wifi card in a different direction.  Not even sure that is possible.

HP Recommended

If your wifi connection is dead (as many of us have found) you can still utilize the bluetooth wireless option.

I've been trying to find a replacement wifi card (#1150-7931) online with no luck (either out-of-stock or way OVER priced) then realized that I still have wireless through the bluetooth option. I've used the BT connection today and quality/speed is the same as wifi. Just setup the printer as a new printer via bluetooth connection. (***Scanning will need a different solution)

good luck

HP Recommended

Uverse was just installed. My printer keeps searching for the router and doesn't find anything.  What should I do?

HP Recommended

I have a C309a also.  I ran about 3 sets of ink carts through my printer and started.  Then I was getting a "Radio is not enabled error".   I was coached along by HP until my warranty expired to  "reset my printer" using the turn it off then back on method.  This started about 6 months after I purchased it.   The Wi-Fi Radio worked fine for a  while.  Then it worked for less and less time after each reset.  14 months into owner ship and the reason I got the printer in the first place is dead.  I see the official answer from HP is Get another $250.00 printer.  I really like the printer and bought it when it was being replaced by new models.   HP would really help them selves out if they offered the 25.00 part mentioned below.  I mean if the answer is get another printer what makes them think it will be HP?  HP please help us out here while we remain fans.

HP Recommended

I was able to fix this problem by following these steps:

1. Go into settings and turn off the wireless radio.
  2. Reset Network Settings to factory default.
  3. Turn off the printer.
  4. Unplug the printer from the wall and leave it for 10 minutes.*
  5. Plug it back in and turn it back on.
  6. Go through the wireless configuration wizard to re-establish wireless connectivity.

There may be a simpler fix, but this is what I did and it worked.

*Step 4 may seem like overkill, but I once had a different printer that was completely "dead" (wouldn't turn on at all), but after packing it up and taking it in to the repair shop, and it worked fine when they plugged it in to test it.  Turns out, it had some sort of problem (static buildup?) that affected the power supply, and all it needed was to be unplugged for a while and then plugged back up. 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with the wireless radio not functioning.  I downloaded a hp utility download after talking to many hp  helpers and finally one knew something that helped me.  My radio still goes off once in a while and I just use the utility and it turns it back on, otherwise just using the printer it wont.   It is sad, sad, sad that hp knows about this problem and screws the customer  by not recalling and replacing the defective part.  I guess losing lots of customers doesn't matter to them.    Hope this helps somebody else because I lost lots of time  and respect for hp trying to get this figured out.  We as customers shouldn't  have to buy new printers after a year of hardly using our printers and a defective part.  Hp has lost me as a customer.   Are you listening hp?

HP Recommended

The wireless radio is not functioning.  When I select wireless setup wizard, it displays "Now searching for wireless routers..."   Eventually that display stops and displays the home page. But I can no longer print.  What should I do?

HP Recommended

where is the utiility that I can download?

HP Recommended

PLEASE contact HP support by phone: www.hp.com/go/totalcare (click on Printers & Monitors, there is a phone number on the resulting page).

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.