Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet 1320
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Just installed an HP original cartridge.  The first page printed fine, after which print density went down rapidly after just a few pages.  I'm not sure whether it is continuing to deteriorate.

Essentially the same question as in this post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Print-is-too-light-after-installing-new-HP-49X-cartridg...

But the answer obviously does not help, since mine is an original cartridge.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

This is now an older printer so where you got the toner could be a factor. Was the box blue and white or black and white?

HP Recommended

I think it was black and white, but I don't honestly remember -- and have already sent back the old one in it.

HP Recommended

Return to place of purchase for refund or exchange.

HP Recommended

You're telling me I need to order a "blue" box?

Or what, exactly?

HP Recommended

The black and white box is the latest toner if hp is still providing. I am just telling you if you think you got a toner that is defective you need to return it to place of purchase to have them replace it or give you your money back. The only way to get a toner to print darker is to use hp toolbox software which allows you to choose a higher density and to make sure econo mode is turned off. It may not be available for MAC systems.  Assuming the previous toner worked fine then I would think the new toner has an issue and needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.