Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since I installed Window 10 on my computer I have not been able to get the wireless scan to work on our HP Officejet Pro 8600. When trying to scan we I get the following message "Scanner communication cannot be established. Ensure your product is powered ...." When I run the Scan Doctor it says the scan driver is unable to connect to the computer. I've checked to see that my driver is up to date. Is it possible that HP has not updated the HP Officejet Pro 860 scan driver for Windows 10?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RobW10

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 8600 printer. I understand that you are getting network scanner issue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Confirm if the issue is also printing-related.
  • Restart devices and check driver scan settings.
  • Check the network and printer connection status.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the printer software.
  • Check Windows Image Acquisition settings.
  • Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to perform above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.