Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 2300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is showing up in Error status. Have reinstalled drivers, powercycled the printer, and restarted the computer multiple times. Issue started with most recent Windows 10 update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How is printer connected?  If parallel port it is a known issue with the latest update of windows 10.  Go to device manager and in the Port Settings tab change from "Never use an interrupt" to either of the other options.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

How is printer connected?  If parallel port it is a known issue with the latest update of windows 10.  Go to device manager and in the Port Settings tab change from "Never use an interrupt" to either of the other options.

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly. Thank you.

HP Recommended

this option is not available in my port settings.  I only can configure the time between retries.  where do I find this setting?  I've been at this all afternoon and I'm at my wits end

HP Recommended
Did you get your pri ter to work?? Havin tge same problem!!?
HP Recommended

printer is an hp officejet premium.  if first told me to replace an empy ink cartridge, which I did, but i'm still getting the printer in error state message.  I've tried several fixes found on the forum but none have worked.

HP Recommended

I cannot print.  The status of printer has Attention Required.  Any help please

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.