cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Caldous
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Printer in Error Status

HP Recommended
LaserJet 2300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is showing up in Error status. Have reinstalled drivers, powercycled the printer, and restarted the computer multiple times. Issue started with most recent Windows 10 update.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,025
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How is printer connected?  If parallel port it is a known issue with the latest update of windows 10.  Go to device manager and in the Port Settings tab change from "Never use an interrupt" to either of the other options.

Caldous
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Worked perfectly. Thank you.

0 Kudos
desertrat121
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this option is not available in my port settings.  I only can configure the time between retries.  where do I find this setting?  I've been at this all afternoon and I'm at my wits end

0 Kudos
Nancymd
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Did you get your pri ter to work?? Havin tge same problem!!?
0 Kudos
clarence328
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer is an hp officejet premium.  if first told me to replace an empy ink cartridge, which I did, but i'm still getting the printer in error state message.  I've tried several fixes found on the forum but none have worked.

0 Kudos
nelliott1
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot print.  The status of printer has Attention Required.  Any help please

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation