Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi WilliamT13555,

I regret to inform you that I can not help as I had hoped I would be able to. The HP LaserJet P2015 Printer series is a commercial unit and my area of expertise is with consumer products and software.

At this point the best thing I can do for you is advise you post your question/issue in the HP Enterprise Business Community, I feel the issue you are experiencing would get better exposure and you may have a better chance of finding a solution.

I wish I could say I knew something about the commercial products and continue to work with you but the truth is I don't. I don't want to play guessing games and waste your valuable time, that wouldn't be fair to you.

Best of luck.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Are you sure that it was a commercial unit?  Mine was built in July 2007.

I bought it from the HP Home & Home Office Store in November 2007 for $499.99.

I expected it to be a high end Consumer Product.

HP Recommended

That is a good question WilliamT13555, I checked the website, the user manual and other resources and could not find verification. I know it is a commercial because of my experience.

With this being said, I didn't want you to feel like I was punting your question so I looked harder. 🙂  I found another forum post on the consumer forums where another HP Expert directed a customer with the same printer to the Business Support Forums, he was kind enough to include a link to the support page for HP LaserJet P2015

Re: HP Laser Jet P2015

You will be in good, helpful hands with the commercial folks.

Take care.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600.  I followed the directions in the video, and my printer queue still says that it's offline.  I turned off the printer and laptop overnight, and the problem still exists.  The printer worked fine until two days ago.  In the past, when it goes offline, I just unplug the printer, wait five minutes, and replug it.  Everything works fine then.  This time, though, it isn't cooperating with me.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

HP Recommended

After months of research, I found a solution that works for my printer and setup.

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the printer using the latest driver downloads from HP.

Then go to "Customize your Printer" in Devices and Printers and double click on your printer.

Select Ports Tab.

Select Configure Port

Uncheck SNMP Status Enabled.

Without this feature (whatever it is), the printer has worked fine since.  I have used this same "fix" for friends that have the same problem with other HP printers (new ones) and Win8.  The problem doesn't seem to exist with older OS versions.

With this feature enabled, the printer would work for a few hours to a few days before going "offline".

HP Recommended

I get all of these problems with an HP 6180 and none of the suggested fixes works. Having just tried your latest wheeze of editing the printer port configuration, this eliminates the Printer Off-line problem but I then just get another error message  - there was an error printing your document xyz - with no information about what the error is. There is a solution, however, which is to hard wire the printer to the computer and forget wifi. This prompts the laptop to instal new software for the device as "Printer . . .(copy)". Select this (copy) as the default printer and away you go. 

HP Recommended

For clarification, my printer is Ethernet hard wired.  Also, before "my" solution, I would have to uninstall and reinstall the printer, and it would work for awhile - sometimes for a few days and sometimes for a few hours.

I might also get the "copy" issue.  I would have to do two things:

I would find that the "ports" previously used by the printer were piling up in the above mentioned Edit Ports page.  I deleted the old ones.

I also found that in Internet Explorer, the Print command would show multiple copies of the installed printer even though Control Panel showed just one.  I needed to delete them there (in IE) as well.

HP Recommended

Sorry man, on clicking "configure port" I got a message that "this option is not available". Should I select any of the ports before doing so? If yes, which one? If no, please help!

configure_port.png

HP Recommended

Are any of the ports "selected"?  What shows is none, unless it is hidden via the scroll.

In my case, when I open the dialogue, one of the ports has the box checked, and hence I can edit its properties.

If all else fails, uninstall the printer.  Since you are getting the "Copy 1" message, then I would also delete that printer if it shows in IE.  Then reinstall.  Then check this dialogue to see if one of the ports is checked.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I was trying to use the WilliamT13555 solution, but as my printer is USB printer it has an USB virtualprinter port and if I try to click configure port I get the following error message:

During the configuration of the port there was an error.

This process does not have support.

(Rough translation as I have windows in Estonian).

Can anyone help me? It is VERY annoying to reinstal drivers every time I would like to print. I am using Windows 8 and I have HP Deskjet F380 printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.