Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8610 Officejet Pro
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My iMac lists the HP printer but the printer will not find the computer. Printer shows it is connected to wireless network; I can print to the computer; I can copy. But when attempting to scan, I get the message that no computers are found. I have restarted, re-installed, made sure everything is up to date, and made sure the computer is on the same network at the printer. I am out of options. What do I do next? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have you tried to scan from your IMac?

Sent from somewhere in Arizona!!

If I have helped you, be sure to marking my answer as solved.
And feel free to send me some kudos!!
HP Recommended

I can scan from my iMac. My iMac and both MacBook Pros show they are connected to the printer, but the printer shows: "no computer found. To scan to a computer, make sure the feature is enabled".  All the computes show this is enabled.

After again deleting and re-adding the printer to all the computers, both MBPs show up on the printer but the iMac still does not. All the settings are the same in all 3 computers.

HP Recommended

And again, the printer cannot find any computers. It was showing one of the MBPs only, even though I opened the other one and made sure the computer found the printer and the scan to computer was enabled. I power cycled the printer and when it restarted, it cannot find any computers. I don't know what else to try!

HP Recommended

Merkat, were you able to see my replies to your question? It looks like I have 2 log-on emails for some reason, although it appears they both have the same log-in. I didn't know if perhaps your reply might be misdirected. Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.