cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cheshanna
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer not printing black text but printing the highlighting on the page.

HP Recommended
DeskJet 3637
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has suddenly stopped printing the black text on pages but still prints the highlighting on the areas I have highlighted.  I have only had the printer for 5 weeks and the cartridges are the ones which came with the printer.  When I checked the ink levels all appeared to be OK.  How can I resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,726 25,606 1,413 1,485
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cheshanna

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP DeskJet 3637 printer. I understand that your printer is not printing in black and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Check estimated ink levels again.

Align the ink cartridges.

Clean the ink cartridges.

• Load U.S. Letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper into the input tray.
  • Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  • Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.
  • The HP Printer Assistant software opens.
  • On the HP Printer Assistant window, click Maintain Your Printer.
  • Click the Device Services tab, and then click Clean Ink Cartridges ().
  • Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic page.
  • Let me Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic page.

Click here and follow the document to fix this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation