Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C5180 ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When printing an image that is four to a page, I will get a second image in the left hand side of the original image. How do I stop this from happening.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@elars

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the printer prints images in double vision,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

does the issue occur while using the copier, using the printer as standalone?

Did you ensure the paper isn't curled or damaged and the settings are correct?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you could do:

Step one: Check your paper

• Many papers have printing and nonprinting sides. Load the paper with the printing side down.

• Use the correct paper type for the project. For everyday documents, plain paper works well. For documents with dense printing, such as high-contrast graphics or photographs, use HP Advanced paper for the best results.

• If these steps do not help, try a different paper. Ink might not bleed as easily on heavier paper. Paper that does not accept ink well is also prone to bleeding and smearing. HP designs its inks and papers to work together.

Step two: Check the settings

1. In the program being used for printing, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.

2. Make sure the appropriate product is selected, and then click Preferences or Properties.

The Preferences/Properties window opens.

3. Click the Printing Shortcuts tab.

Consider modifying some or all of the options in the Printing Shortcuts menu to increase print quality.

• Print quality: If the quality of the printouts is not acceptable, try increasing the print quality. To print more quickly, try decreasing the print quality.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If you have issues within the copier as well: Click here to troubleshoot further.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.