Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Officejet 7210 which was originally purchased in the US and was moved to Ireland when my company set up a sub office.

The HP website told me that HP 338 cartridge would work on the printer. When i install it it tells me it's the wrong cartridge.

How do i change the region code of the printer to accept the local cartridge

83 REPLIES 83
HP Recommended

You will need to contact HP and have a regionalization reset performed. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while conversing with HP and will need a set of cartridges for Ireland as the old cartridges will no longer work after the reset.  There should not be any charge for the regionaloization reset, it is covered by the cartridge warranty.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Tried customer support several times, and they would not provide a regional reset without a charge.  They were insisted they could not provide a reset instructions on an out of warranty printer without me purchasing a new warranty or paying a fee.  Frustrated with HP as most others on this forum.

HP Recommended

What country are you in now?  The regionalization reset should be covered under the cartridge warranty, regardless of the printer warranty.  Please send me a private message with your contact information and case ID from HP if available and I will see what I can do.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

hello,

I have the same problem. Printer is from New Zealand 02 cartridges and refuses the 363 ones they sell here in Belgium.

I will have to pay EUR 20 to speak to somebody from HP.

Please please please help me out!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@DYSL wrote:

I have the same problem. Printer is from New Zealand 02 cartridges and refuses the 363 ones they sell here in Belgium.

I will have to pay EUR 20 to speak to somebody from HP.

Please please please help me out!

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

When you contact HP choose the selection for cartridge warranty rather than printer warranty.  If HP support will not reset the region without a charge then please get a case number from the agent and forward that along with your contact information in a private email to me and I will try to escalate the issue for you.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I am having the same problem.  Bought the HP C3180  in the United States, but have moved to France.  I contacted HP customer support here in France, and they told me the printer was obselete and could not be reset.  They did not give me a case number. 

It was a bit difficult to converse with the person though, as my French is not great, which poses another obstacle to getting this resolved.  I can't seem to call HP customer support in the United States, because all the phone numbers listed seem to be toll-free numbers, which can only be dialed from within the United States. 

This is seroiusly annoying.  I tried to follow your advice, and did my best to explain to the customer service rep here that the cartridges I purchased for the printer are under warranty, but she told me there was nothing HP could do to rectify this. 

Any suggestions for what I can do, or any numbers I can call to speak with HP U.S. support from outside the United States? 

Thanks for any help in advance. 

Best Regards, 

Stephen 

HP Recommended

Stephen27 wrote:  I am having the same problem.  Bought the HP C3180  in the United States, but have moved to France.  I contacted HP customer support here in France, and they told me the printer was obselete and could not be reset.  They did not give me a case number.  

I will send you a private message here asking for some additional information.  HP should be able to resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Bob can you help me!!!

I bought a new HP Photosmart C5280 All in one printer from UK with the HP 350 and 351 ink cartridges. I am now in Pakistan and boughht two new genuine HP 74 and HP 75 ink cartridges for the same printer in Pakistan today. But I was shocked to see that the printer is giving me error message that both the ink cartridges are not intended for this printer. Although the model number of the printer which is C5280 is clearly printed on the both the HP 74 and 75 ink cartridges pack. You are requested to kindly guide me how to do a region reset on my printer to make the ink cartriges work with it.

HP Recommended

@advocatekhan wrote:

Bob can you help me!!!

I bought a new HP Photosmart C5280 All in one printer from UK with the HP 350 and 351 ink cartridges. I am now in Pakistan and boughht two new genuine HP 74 and HP 75 ink cartridges for the same printer in Pakistan today. But I was shocked to see that the printer is giving me error message that both the ink cartridges are not intended for this printer. Although the model number of the printer which is C5280 is clearly printed on the both the HP 74 and 75 ink cartridges pack. You are requested to kindly guide me how to do a region reset on my printer to make the ink cartriges work with it.

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Unfortunately I can not help you directly as the reset requires some direct information from a page you print and then a unique code is generated for your particular printer and region.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.