Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My printer is the HP Photosmart D110, I just got it today, set it up and it worked fine. Turned it off and turned it back on and I get the Incompatible Print Cartridge screen. It says to refer to to status screen on your computer for details... My computer screen says to see printer front to resolve the condition... SO my question is what do I do??   I did take out the ink and put them back in.. Im using the ink that came in the box with the printer and it says its the correct stuff to use..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you know which cartridge (color or mono) the error message is for? If you remove the cartridges one at a time and close the printer door, does the message go away? If so, this could indicate a problem with the cartridge and you'll need to contact Phone Support for a possible replacement.

Have you tried cleaning the cartridge contacts?.... as there could be some debris there that is preventing a good connection with the printer contacts.

Please let me know how you get on,

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you know which cartridge (color or mono) the error message is for? If you remove the cartridges one at a time and close the printer door, does the message go away? If so, this could indicate a problem with the cartridge and you'll need to contact Phone Support for a possible replacement.

Have you tried cleaning the cartridge contacts?.... as there could be some debris there that is preventing a good connection with the printer contacts.

Please let me know how you get on,

Thanks, Ciara

HP Recommended

I did try and take one out at a time and it still didnt work...

Thanks for your reply

HP Recommended

I got a hold of the support and they are sending new ink cartridges....  it took over 30 min to figure it out but at least it isnt the printer..

thanks for the help

HP Recommended

Hi burnsjl,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. 🙂  Warm regards, Ciara

HP Recommended

HELP - am stationed in Italy and cannot get any HP support!

I have a C6380 printer purchased from the PX.  It is supposed to be useable in both the US and Europe / 110+220 etc).

It needed new ink and the PX was out.  So I went downtown where the computer store's HP compatibility chart said it uses 365 ink cartridges.

Cost me 80 Euros!  (about $110 for all five).

Upon installing, the printer says the ink cartidges are INCOMPATIBLE and will not print, copy, or anything else.  It will not let me even see if the SETUP is adjustable for different ink cartridges.

Looking through the blogs I see the printer should use these cartridges.  How do I get the printer to recognize them?

THANKS!

HP Recommended

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

My D110 works fine on 2 XP machines and 1 Windows 7 (64 bit), but I get the "incompatible Print Cartridge" error on my Windows 7 (32 bit) machine.  Have to check the don not show 6 different times then the print job executes fine.

HP Recommended

Hi Faatu

Are you running the latest version of HP software?

Check out the post from JonW

Kind Regards

Ciara

HP Recommended

Printer is saying incompatible Print cartridge.  We had the cartridges refilled at Costco 2 months ago and all of a sudden it is saying incompatible print cartridges.   You said if you clean the contacts it might correct the problem.  What do you use to clean the contacts?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.