Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  I cannot get my printer to print color from my pc.  Its prints everything black and grey from pc.   It can print color from the phone.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Go to the Devices and Printers folder, right click on the your printer, Printing Preferences, Paper/Quality, Advanced, Document Options, Print in Grayscale: Off, OK, Apply, OK.

grayscale.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I do not see option "print in greyscale".   Note the printer can print color from my phone.  Thank you for trying.

HP Recommended

OK, on your Windows 10 computer click on the Start window, type Control Panel, click on the control panel desktop app, in the control panel click on Devices and Printers.  Next right click on the Envy 5660, select Printing Preferences.  Click on the (1) Paper/Quality tab, select (2) Color, click on (3) Advanced, make sure Print in Grayscale is set to (4) Off, (5) OK, (6) Apply, (7) OK.

gray1.png

gray2.png

gray4.png

gray6.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Right click on envy icon does not work but when I double click it I get to printing preferences.   I still don't see any color options.   Thanks for trying again.

HP Recommended

Do you see any of the screen shots I posted above?  

I am wondering if you have the full HP driver installed? It it correct that you have the Envy 5660?  You might download and install the driver from HP here, that is the one I installed.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Yes  

I am wondering if you have the full HP driver installed?  

Yes I think it is fully installed.  The printer used to print color from my pc.

It it correct that you have the Envy 5660? 

Yes

Maybe I will try re-install tomorrow.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Tim23 wrote:

Yes  

[snip]

Maybe I will try re-install tomorrow.

Thanks

I probably should have worded this a bit differently - in your driver settings do you have the same options I show above in my screen shots?  When you get into Printing Preferences can you click through the options 1 through 7 in my screenshots?  If not, what step does not work or appear as an option?

Did you try reinstalling the driver?  What were the results?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

I have not tried to re-install.

Step 6/7: I never get option in preferences to select "black & white" or "color".

HP Recommended

In step 6/7 is the color setting missing entirely, or is the selection grayed out and cannot be changed?  Were you able to set "Print in Grayscale" to Off in step 4/5? 

gray6.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.