Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-17-2017 08:13 AM
HI - I am having a problem printing 11 x 17 spreadsheets from Excel. It prints some but doesn't print the complicated spreadsheets, with lots of formulas? It just spits out a blank 11 x 17 piece of paper. Help! I'm depending on this printer for my business and I need this to work for me.
Do you think it needs more ram? Can I buy more ram?
Is there a work-around? I tried taking a screen shot of the spreadsheet and printing that or a pdf or that - and that works but a couple of them are bigger than my screen.
Please help asap! I'm in a panic!
05-18-2017 11:13 AM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you're facing trouble while printing an 11x17 spreadsheet from Excel. The spreadsheet consists of a lot of formulas. The printer simply pushes the 11x17 inch sheet out without printing anything.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- What version of Excel are you using?
- Is the printer able to print other smaller Excel sheets?
Meanwhile, I did some research and found the following information that might help:
When you print a Microsoft Office Word 2007 document that contains an equation, the equation does not print, or the characters in the equation are not printed.
This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- There is a bitmap on the same page as the equation.
- The 2007 Microsoft Office system is installed on a Windows XP-based or Windows Server 2003-based computer.
- The Complex Script support files are not installed.
To work around this issue, install the Complex Script support files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click
- Type intl.cpl, and then click
- Click the Languages tab.
- Under Supplemental language support, click to select the Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) check box.
- When you receive the following message, click
OK to close the message:
You chose to install the Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Indic, Thai and Vietnamese language files. This will require 10 MB or more of available disk space. The files will be installed after you click OK or Apply on the Regional and Language Options dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Regional and Language Options dialog box.
Hope this helps. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂
05-20-2017 09:59 AM
Have you tried selecting the required cells for printing? then opne the Print dialog and select to print teh selection only and check if that may help...
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂