Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Recently, when printing, the printer is using both sides of the paper, even when we do not want it to. There is no option to turn it off when printing a Word document. 

Sample printing from Word doc
When printing from Pages it does show a checked box that says TWO-SIDED, if I uncheck, then it works.

Sample printing from Pages document

But from Word there is no option. I've tried File/Preferences, I've tried via settings on the printer and nothing we can find will fix this? This has just recently (last week or two) become a problem...

THANK YOU!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @LaylaWi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the two-sided printing issue that you're experiencing when attempting to print single sided from your Mac OS X 10.9 computer to your HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer. Please follow the steps below to disable duplex printing.

1. Open up a Word document
  2. Select File and click Print
  3. Click the dropdown for Copies & Pages and change this to Layout
  4. Uncheck the Two-Sided option.
  5. To alter additional print settings click on Show Details.

- Source

Ultimately, judging by the helpful screen shots you included in your post, you are in the right area to disable Two-Sided. You just need to click on Copies & Pages to get the proper options.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @LaylaWi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the two-sided printing issue that you're experiencing when attempting to print single sided from your Mac OS X 10.9 computer to your HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer. Please follow the steps below to disable duplex printing.

1. Open up a Word document
  2. Select File and click Print
  3. Click the dropdown for Copies & Pages and change this to Layout
  4. Uncheck the Two-Sided option.
  5. To alter additional print settings click on Show Details.

- Source

Ultimately, judging by the helpful screen shots you included in your post, you are in the right area to disable Two-Sided. You just need to click on Copies & Pages to get the proper options.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly! Thank you!  :womanvery-happy:

HP Recommended

I have an Officejet 4630, and I generally prefer to print single sided.  How can I set single sided printing as the default?

HP Recommended

When I follow your instructions and click on "Copies and Pages," then Layout, this is the screen that I get. There is also no option for "Show Details." Thank you.

Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.23.52 PM.png

HP Recommended

Same With my screen options

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply but this did not solve the overall issue of having hp items that start printing two-sided as default. I think it is caused from an HP software update. HP needs to allow an At the printer default NO Two-sided printing. I think I speak for many that this is very very  annoying!!! E

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.