Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have you tried printing photos from your Android device (Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Sony etc) ?  

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/mobility/#android-tab-new

HP Mobile printing main page.jpg

Some people have reported issues with skewed borders when trying to print 4x6 & 5x7 photos (see example below of correct photo size v's photo with skewed borders)

Correct photo size borderless.jpg

Incorrect photo size skewed borders.jpg

If you run into this issue I would advise you to download the free HP ePrint APP from the App Store or Google Play, this allows you to print perfect borderless photos, 

ePrint APP.jpg

Hope this helps.  

I work for HP.

Carrie 

Although I am a HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Shania2015 

If you are printing from your Galaxy Note tab in order to get borderless photos i would download the HP ePrint APP from the following location as you can go in and edit your photos and all here, 

HP ePrint APP in PlayStore

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Carrie 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Hi Carrie,
I have the same problem trying to print a landscape pic (I have the option to choose either portrait or landscape) and my pic turns out squished in the center of the photo paper with large white borders top and bottom. I have a Galaxy Note 2 android and just purchased HP envy 7640. Can this be fixed?
HP Recommended

Hi @Shania2015 

If you are printing from your Galaxy Note tab in order to get borderless photos i would download the HP ePrint APP from the following location as you can go in and edit your photos and all here, 

HP ePrint APP in PlayStore

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Carrie 

HP Recommended
Hi Carrie,
Thx for such a quick response and help! I think I have found my mistake. I was trying to print directly from my photo gallery and that is why I was getting white borders. I went to your link and viewed hp e-print app reviews and realized I should have opened my hp all-in-one app first and then choose a photo from my gallery. Portraits and landscapes print perfectly now. So perhaps I don't need hp e-print now?
HP Recommended

Hi @Shania2015 

That's it you should be all good to go now, you can also print from your Photos APP too.  

Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution.
You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

Thanks

Carrie 

HP Recommended

Thank u Carrie! I am new here so I hope my kudos went thru. How do I show I accept this solution? 

HP Recommended

Thanks @Shania2015 all done 🙂 Happy printing 🙂

HP Recommended

Cheers Carrie!!:smileyhappy:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.