Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @wtn1,

I see by your post that the printer is stuck initializing. I would like to help you.

If you have tried all the steps in Message 108 and you are still experiencing the same issue, then try the reset which I can send you in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Nothing in message 108 worked and NVM reset failed as well. Still stuck on initializing.
HP Recommended

Hi @haynson,

Since the steps didn't resolve the issue, the printer will need to be serviced. I see by your previous post that you were speaking with HP over the phone. Were you able to get the printer serviced?

If you have any issues and the printer is still in warranty, please let me know.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I too am having the same problems as others in the forum....

Can I be sent the instructions for the reset of the printer via private message? Thanks!

HP Recommended

I should also add that I have tried all the things mentioned above and I can get the cartridges to rotate manually... there is a horrible clicking noise each time the printer is turned on too....

HP Recommended

They will have you try a [Content Removed] and my refurbished unit is on its way to me. ETA Thursday... Good luck but the normal practice seems to be send in your printer to get another shipped...

HP Recommended

Hi @Jstrunk,

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I just bought this printer and am having the same problem. Stuck on initializing and makes a horrible grinding noise. Really need it to work. Can I get the special secret reset?

HP should make sure products work!!

HP Recommended

I have also tried all the things mentioned above. From installing new cartridges to doing the power reset. NOTHING. Just continues with initializing prompt. Please send me instructions on how to reset the printer. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @amcdnld and @Lv30stm,

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.