Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer was working perfectly until I replaced the MCY cartridges (Genuine HP) Black was not replaced (Genuine HP). Upon closing the lid I mmediately got a "Problem with printhead" message. Error code OxC19a002. Scanning is normal.

I have tried removing the cartridges and cleaning the contacts in the printhead but no improvement.

Can someone help please.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding printhead errors after replacing cartridges. Genuine HP ones. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

• Did you connect the computer directly to the wall outlet and bypass power strips, besides doing a hard reset on the printer?
  • Did you try making copies directly from the printer without any intervention from the computer?

For a start please perform these steps. Before that let me keep you posted that the printer may have a faulty printhead or the printer hardware could be faulty.

• Perform a hard reset.
  • Also, try to update the printer firmware.
  • Please follow the steps in this document regarding printhead problems. Click here Try performing all the steps as indicated in the document. To try and correct the issue.
  • If the issue persists, then try all the steps from  this document for printhead-related issues by clicking here
  • If the issue continues, then the printer hardware may be faulty and please contact Hp phone support to either get the printer replaced or upgraded.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestions. I ran through them all but the problem still persists ..... so it is off to the service center next.

I really appreciate your help.

Regards

Peter

HP Recommended

Hi @PeterdeB,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. You've done some terrific troubleshooting and shown great resilience to try and correct the issue. hats off to you for that. 🙂

If you've tried everything, please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced. 

Link to contact HP phone support:http://hp.com/contacthp please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the issue is resolved and the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.