Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use this AIO on a wired network.  I can print normally, and can initiate a scan from my computer, and it works OK from my wife's computer too.  I have been able to scan to a network folder from my 8625 until about a week ago.  Now I get a message saying the printer can't communicate with the server.  I can still scan to "my computer", but not to a network folder on my computer from the 8625.  I can still scan to my wife's computer from the 8625.  When I try to run the "scan to folder wizard" I can get to the test, and the communications test fails, with a suggestion to check if the computer is on.  What can I do to restore my ability to initiate scans to a network folder from my 8625?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MoDoc_99

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting issues while scanning to network folder from HP Officejet 8625 printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

To use Scan to Network Folder, you must have created and configured the folder you are using on a computer connected to the network.

You cannot create a folder from the printer's control panel.

Also, make sure the folder preferences are set to provide read and write access.

Open the HP Printer Software.

Double-click Scanner Actions, and then double-click Scan to Network Folder Wizard.

Follow the onscreen instructions.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in page 53 & 54.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I run the network folder setujp wizard, I get to "save and test" and bet the error message saying the printer can't communicate with my computer, and suggesting I turn the computer on.  Of course, I had run this wizard in thepast, and have been able to scan to my computer 's network folder until a few weeks ago.  I suspect some update or change in sharing settings I did not make is causing the problem.  I can still scan to a network folder on my wife's computer, which was also set up weeks ago.  

HP Recommended

@MoDoc_99

Thanks for the reply.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I have sent the required information in private message.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, @MoDoc_99

I went through your post & I would like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

Please try the steps below to try and assign a public DNS address. Here are the steps:

•    Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
•    Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
•    Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
•    Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
•    Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
•    Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Now, try to setup the scan to email as suggested below:

1. Go to the printer EWS page.
  2. Click the Scan tab, click Network Folder Setup, and then click New.
  3. Enter a folder name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel for the folder you will select to send scans to.
  4. Enter the network folder path that you want scans saved to.
  5. Enter your Windows User Name and Password. You must have administrative rights to the computer or server that hosts the network folder.
  6. Click Next, and then enter a security PIN to restrict access to this folder from the printer control panel, if desired.
  7. Specify any scan settings, and then click Save and test or Save to complete the folder configuration.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.