Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
macOS 10.12 Sierra

We recently bought an OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer/scanner/copier/fax. I installed everything on my login for our Mac computer and everything works great. But I can't get the scanner to work on my wife's login.

Sorry, let me elaborate... When I am logged in on her account I can manually request the scanner to work from the Mac, and it does... but when I try to put the paper into the paperfeed and select "Scan to Mac"... it keeps saying "Accessing Computer" but it never can. 

Again, when I am logged in on my account it doesn't have any issues.

My wife isn't the most technically minded person so to get her to manually access the scanner will be very frustrating for her. She just wants to be able to put the paper into the paperfeed and request that it scan to our Mac and it show up on her desktop.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Ted

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Erdword

Hi Ted,

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer. I read that when you're logged into your user account, you're able to scan to the Mac. But when you login to your wife's account, you cannot scan to the Mac from the printer front panel. However, you are able to scan to Mac when you're logged into your account.  No to worry, I'll do my best to help. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Is your account the administrator on the Mac?

Meanwhile, I did some research and looks like there is there is a driver issue in your Wife's use account. I suggest you to login to your wife's account and then perform a reset printing system.

Post that, you may install the HP Easy Start as there are no full-featured drivers available for Mac Sierra.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.