Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We recently installed Windows 10 and the scan to computer feature on our Officejet Pro 8600 Plus is now disabled. Prints fine, but it can't connect to scanner.

We have installed an updated driver, disabled the antivirus software, run scan doctor, checked the IP address, rebooted everything every which way. No luck.  

We checked all the settings and everything looks okay. It just says "Scan to computer is currently unavailable." 

Any suggestions?  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Adele5

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I came across your post and would like to help. I read that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer and after upgrading to Windows 10, the printer no longer scans from the front panel to the computer. The printer can print fine so it indicates that the connectivity is fine. You have installed the updated drivers, disabled the antivirus and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor and the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Is the printer able to make a copy?
  • Does the printer scan from the computer application?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to try the following steps:

• On the computer screen, there should be a printer software icon (usually appears if the full featured drivers are installed). Open the printer icon.
  • It may look somewhat similar to the below image:

Image result for HP Officejet Pro 8600  printer assistant on WIndows 10

• Over here select "Manager scan to" and enable scan to PC.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.