Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4500 G510a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought my Officejet 4500 g510a-f (used). I have been trying to scan some important documents for a few days now, but have not been able to. I first got the message to troubleshoot, but was able to get that taken care of. Now, the scanner bar won't move to scan or copy! I have tried to take it apart (thinking it was just stuck), but can't get to it...

The bar is lighting up and it makes the noises like it's trying to move, but it just won't. I am beyond frustrated!! I have clicked on serval links listed in the other posts, but they just take me to the home page 😕

WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THIS THING WORK?!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @mommyfoo2,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that the scanner bar is not moving on your Officejet 4500 All-In-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, while the printer is powered on, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute.

If at this point the scanner bar is still not moving, the printer is no longer functional. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link to discuss any replacement options.

Please let me know the results of doing the above. If you reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please show it by clicking on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.