Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 6600.  I have scanner before, now all of a sudden its saying: "You cannot use this function because it has been disabled. For more information, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the printer."  

I am the person who set up the printer and am not sure what the next step is.  What do I do now?:smileysurprised:

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Have you tried opening the software for the Officejet 6600 (should be an icon that looks like the printer on your desktop)?

Once in the software you can open the Scanner Actions section by double clicking on it and then selecting Manage Scan to Computer. If these options do not work or says it is already enabled, then you may want to try reinstalling the printer with the most up to date drivers from http://goo.gl/H46gC.

If these steps do not help let me know and I can provide further assistance.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks.  For some reason, now the scanner is working although I am required to complete additional steps before I can scan. :indifferent:  Now though, I cannot print wirelessly.  It says I am connected to my wireless internet, but when I attempt to print, it says the printer is not connected.  Then, when I try to search for the printer with my bluetooth it does not appear.  Any suggestions re: this issue?  

Spoiler

HP Recommended

@Letiwas wrote:

Thanks.  For some reason, now the scanner is working although I am required to complete additional steps before I can scan. :indifferent:  Now though, I cannot print wirelessly.  It says I am connected to my wireless internet, but when I attempt to print, it says the printer is not connected.  Then, when I try to search for the printer with my bluetooth it does not appear.  Any suggestions re: this issue?  

Spoiler

According to the specifications, the printer has no Bluetooth capability.  

Connectivity, standard1 USB 2.0; 1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n; 1 RJ-11 fax

Can you please explain how the printer is connected?

HP Recommended
I'm not technologically savvy, so forgive me if what I say makes no sense. But right now it's connected with a cable. Prior to, I was able to print wirelessly. Not sure what happened.
HP Recommended

Let's try this.  Uninstall the printer and all HP software from the computer.  Go here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4323587&...

and download manual and the full featured software and drivers.  Check your printer to see if it has the latest firmware and download the firmware if needed and install.  Read the manual on how to install the printer again using the software and drivers you just downloaded.  Now try.

HP Recommended
Okay. I'll let you know how it goes!
HP Recommended

Hi.  I told you I was technologically challenged.  I went to the website and am lost!  Where do I go once I get there?

HP Recommended

Download and read the manual here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=5304873

Download and install the full featured software and drivers here.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4323587&...

I don't have that printer so you need to find out what firmware the printer is on and upgrade it if needed by downloading it from the same site above.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.