Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2543
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Have here a problem in Spain on Holiday with scanning.

Printing is OK but i like to Scan a documrnt to send to my son in Belgium..

Scanner is not recognised is the answer after doing a Testpagina.

It seems that the HP  Deskjet 2543 is not in the list ; The program take always my home Printer/Scanner

How to change that ???  

Pse Help

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @RobertMan,

Thanks for reaching out Smiley Happy  A very good day to you. Smiley Happy I reviewed the post regarding scanning issues with the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Splendid description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you try to make copies directly from the printer?
  • Did you replace bypass power strips and connect the printer indirectly to the wall outlet?

Please try to make a few copies directly from the printer to isolate hardware issues.

If it copies fine, then please follow these steps to uninstall the printer software.

• Click the Start menu of the PC
  • Click on All Programs
  • Open the HP folder
  • Open the folder for the HP Deskjet 2543
  • Click on Uninstall option
  • Once the uninstall is complete the program will disappear
  • Click on the Start menu of the PC again
  • Click on Devices and Printers
  • Delete the HP Deskjet 2543 if it is still present
  • Select any remaining printer by left clicking once
  • At the top of the window click on Print Server Properties
  • Click on the Drivers tab
  • Remove any listings of the printer.

Then please download and install the full feature printer software from this link and try to scan again. this should do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tks DavisSMP,

I was trying to do all your information.  At the end and after testing the Scanner function I have the same rapport :  

( HP not found  ) and also via Scan Doctor I see :  (WINDOWS ( WIA - Scanfout ) )

Copy and Printing is good working .. The HP is via a USB Cable to my Notebook Dell with OS Windows 7 Enterprise..

Via Windows the only Scanner on the screen is my Home Scanner Brother .. They are not two scanners in the list .

On the other Notebook from my son here I have the possibility to Scan to file ...  I do that and so it is possible to transfer it on my USB stick and Print it out ..

Regards from my Holiday place in Spain ..

Robert

HP Recommended

Hi @RobertMan

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to uninstall the printer completely and restart your computer. Follow the instructions in the below document to uninstall the printer.

http://hp.care/2qkHMe3

Follow below document and install the printer again and check.

http://hp.care/2ql06Uo

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.