Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

"When I try to scan multiple photos to individual files sometime it does so and most times it will not . How can my G4050 be set up so it will always scan multiple photos to individual files?  My operating system is Windows 7.

HP Recommended

The key factor is the driver version, so drivers version 30 and later have the feature.

To find out if your HP All-in-One has driver version 30 or later, go to www.hp.com and select Support and then Download drivers.  Enter in your model and operating system.  The driver version will be listed.

The driver version as discussed here is for HP All-in-One printers, other products such as scanners might have different drivers all together.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hey Super-Dave (HP employee), You keep trying to "solve" this problem by stating that driver version 30 will solve the problem for All In One printers. Like I told you before, not true. I have a HP Officejet 6500A Plus printer and the only driver available for that printer is 2012-10-22 , Version28.8, 116.98M. Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "all in one" printer, but I'm pretty sure my 6500 which is a printer, copier, fax, and scanner bundled into one unit qualifies for the all in one classification. Or maybe not.

HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart 7520 all-in-one---version 30 doesn't work with this either. They want us to buy new printers.

HP Recommended

sjpence,

You are right. I already fixed the photo scan issue by purchasing an Epson V500 flatbed. Yes it takes up another footprint on my desk, but it is a great scanner. So much better in every way than the HP. When I do need a new all in one printer, you can be assured that it won't be another HP. I'm done with that company.

HP Recommended

I cannot believe it either.  My old 7310 had auto multiple picture scan and this new 8600 does not.  It also has a smaller scan area than the old 7310 so you can scan less photos than the old machine.  So this is two big steps backwards.  What a let-down!

I'd love to talk to the crazy HP person who allowed this to happen and say what I think about customer care.  You never can talk to anybody.  They live somewhere else in the universe and make surethat you can never find out this stuff before you buy the product.  

But the auto duplex twp sheets per page flip facility works properly on this new machine!  (You had to get some software created by a private person to get thsi to work on the 7310). So one step forward. 

Full marks to the Forum for telling me how to overcome the crazy backward step.

Summary: the 8600 is a wonderful bit of machinery that is failed by some stupid software.  Is HP listening? Will the company do anyhting about this and issue a patch?  Please do!

HP Recommended

By any chance do you still have your printer that failed? The one that previously would scan multiple pictures individually. My HP OfficeJet 8500 had that ability. Something about the printhead failed. I was advised that I could buy a new one for the price of repairing. The printer of the All in One will not print, but I discovered that after I let it find out for sure that it could't print, it WOULD still scan. I did buy another printer, an 8600 net printer which works well printing but doesn't have software to scan individually. I also bought a Fujitsu Scansnap for a lot of the scanning I do. It works pretty well for pictures if they are not flimsey.

Betty

HP Recommended

I also use my equipment for genealogy. I'm in the process of scanning pictures and documents. I'm grateful that the 8500 will still scan individual pictures but it protests some of the time.

Betty

HP Recommended

Thanks for the mention of the software that you like. I will try it. I tried several different programs before. One had free software but had it hooked to something else. Another one seemed ok, but it required more work than I was wanting. Since my old 8500 will still scan pictures individually. I'm sort of keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps working. What I'm looking for now is the program that will scan pages of an album and then separate them. I know that will take more time. The pictures are in the album too tight.

Back to HP. I was tempted to buy another printer but decided it took up too much room. It had a  wider glass. It was a slower machine but I was tempted.

HP Recommended

That is what the Fujitsu Scansnap does. Adjust the size and it is done really fast. Of course there is a learning curve with the software. Newsprint does not dependably do well, especially if it is a clipping so it has to go on a flatbed. There is a "carrier" to solve that problem but I misplaced the one I had.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.