Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
This didn't work either 😞
HP Recommended
Kyle, can you send me the same instructions for the 403 error?
HP Recommended
This worked for me:

1. Remove web services from your printer (via the Web Services menu accessed from the icon on the top row of your printer's display panel that looks like a circle w/a sheet of paper in front of it). Tap that icon, select the "Settings" option, and then select the option to remove web services.

2. After that process completes, in that same menu, select the enable web services option that will appear. After that step completes, within a few minutes a web services info sheet will print out of your printer w/your printer claim code.

3. Follow the instructions on the sheet to return to the eprint web site where you added your printer to your account the first time and re-add it, and create a new email address for your printer. (The email address you used previously for your printer will not be available.)
HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart 5520 will not scan to my MacBook Air. It is a wifi connection and the printer tells me the connection is live. I can print to the printer but not scan to the computer. The error msg is 403. I have unplugged both ends but nothing avails. I am now contemplating introducing the printer to the window pane at the end of the studio. Help! Apparently there is a reset option but HPaint letting on.

HP Recommended
Yes please Kyle
HP Recommended
Kyle doesn't live here any more. His last post was 9/23/13

This worked for me yesterday 2/5/14

This worked for me:

1. Remove web services from your printer (via the Web Services menu accessed from the icon on the top row of your printer's display panel that looks like a circle w/a sheet of paper in front of it). Tap that icon, select the "Settings" option, and then select the option to remove web services.

2. After that process completes, in that same menu, select the enable web services option that will appear. After that step completes, within a few minutes a web services info sheet will print out of your printer w/your printer claim code.

3. Follow the instructions on the sheet to return to the eprint web site where you added your printer to your account the first time and re-add it, and create a new email address for your printer. (The email address you used previously for your printer will not be available.)
HP Recommended
Please help. I am still having an issue with scan to email on my 6520. I have tried the fixes without success.

When I go to the wireless icon, settings, I do not have a remove web services option. I do have a restore default and tried that and reconnected to my router but that doesn't work either

Please help. Thank you, Paul
HP Recommended
PAUL, I have a 6520 . press the icon to to the left of the wireless icon. Then press settings. Then scroll to the bottom 2/2, and you will see remove web services. Then follow instructions from my post above. You can do it if I did it. Let me know if this helps. Anne
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,
This trick of removing and adding the Web Services menu was working very well
Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Kyle, can you send me the fix as well as im having the same issue - thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.