Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8500
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Since upgrading to Windows 10 have been getting this msg. I have read all the responses posted here and have tried them all to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers 2x now. I have went to use the microsoft utility, but that is no longer available. Is there anything else I can do. I have thought about going to my laptop and see if I can find that file, but cannot decipher where it is. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

I am not sure if you have tried the steps mentioned in the following document:

HP Imaging and Printing Products - 'The feature you are trying to use is on a disk that is not avail...

In Windows an error message that contains a filename ending in "msi" displays on the computer.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for visiting HP Support forum

I would suggest you to do clean uninstall
1. Go to Programs feature and uninstall the drivers.

2. If you have downloaded the latest software for win 10, then browse the location and folder you extracted and go to Util folder->CCC-> locate and run Uninstall_L3.bat

Restart the pc and run the setup again 

Hope this helps you !

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem,  please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

Vidya, went to that document and does not show windows 10, I have another reply which I will look at, I believe it suggests to uninstall and reinstall. Thank you.

HP Recommended

You can try the steps provided for Windows 8 as a reference if the second suggestion does not help you.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. I have uninstalled it several times, 2x by going to the windows uninstall and once using the HP uninstall and reinstall. Always have restarted computer. Still have error. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Will download and save driver and see if what is suggested in the article that you sent works. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Will let you know.

HP Recommended

Vidya, have downloaded and saved the driver again, it is an executable file and as a result cannot locate the file as the article stated. I also do not have the original cd from when I bought the 8500 office jet. I did a search on my hard drive for the file and cannot find it. I may have found it on my laptop, but need to pursue that further. I went out to the HP download center to see if I could find it there and could not. If you have any other suggestions would greatly appreciate it.

HP Recommended

Sorry Geo. I am not sure whether you have downloaded and tried the same...

I downloaded the following driver:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL31041/mp-110033-3/OJ_AIO_P8500_A909_Full_Win_WW_140_408-...

Unzipped the driver into a folder. Here is where i see the file solutioncenter. msi. The path would be the folder where you unzipped the software and then setup and you will find this file...

Capture.JPG

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.