Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been trying to install the HP C4680 to no avail. I get the system cannot find file specified error meessage. This is a brand new computer. Windows 8. I already followed another post's instructions on how to uninstall and i rebooted the computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello amywats, and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see your are having issues installing your printer.  I would like to help.

I would suggest Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once it is uninstalled, I would suggest putting your system into clean boot mode within the Microsoft configuration.  You can do so by following this document: How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Once the computer is in clean boot mode, I would suggest reinstalling the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello amywats, and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see your are having issues installing your printer.  I would like to help.

I would suggest Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once it is uninstalled, I would suggest putting your system into clean boot mode within the Microsoft configuration.  You can do so by following this document: How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Once the computer is in clean boot mode, I would suggest reinstalling the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I tried doing as you suggested to uninstall the software. However, when I got to Devices and Printers, the HP printer was not listed. So, I went down to Uninstall other HP software, clicked on Programs and Features and there were no HP programs installed. I did delet the temporary internet files after trying to install last time. Maybe this deleted whatever attempt I had made. 

FYI, this is a brand new computer with almost no programs installed yet. Don't know if that is helpful or not.

HP Recommended

I did the clean reboot and then the Install Wizard and it worked! Thanks

HP Recommended

I did a clean reboot ,and reinstall and still have the same message. Im installing an Officejet Pro L7555 in Windows 8.1 32bit

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi chasinwaves, and welcome to the HP Forums.

I would recommend following the steps in this thread "The system cannot find the file specified" by @SuperMario1 .

Please let me know how that goes.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.