Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8500 909a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The alignment page only prints part of one line at top and continues to perform alignments after each print page.

Print Quality Diag Page looks very good.  I have tried all HP work arounds i could find.  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Miboiler

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer. I understand that you are unable to align the printer and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Use an automated tool to clean the printhead.

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.
  2. Press the Setup button.
  3. Select Tools.
  4. Select Clean Printhead.
  5. Wait while the printer cleans the printhead.

Use an automated tool to align the printhead.

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.
  2. Press the Setup button.
  3. Select Tools.
  4. Select Align Printer.
  5. Press OK. Press OK again when the alignment is done to continue.

Click here and follow the document for more troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried all of these suggestions and the alignment nevers prints more than one line at top od paper.  Print jobs I sendto the printer look very good but the printer aligns after completing the print job.

HP Recommended

@Miboiler

Thanks for the reply.

Preform a factory defaults on the printer.

• Touch the Setup () icon.
  • Scroll to and touch Tools.
  • Scroll to and touch Restore Factory Defaults. A Defaults Restored message displays.
  • Press the Cancel button to return to the main menu.
  • Then try to print again.

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have tried all the steps you have outlined, again...  The only thing that happens is after every page I try to print,  the "aligning printer" msg comes up and it uses some more ink entertaining itself. 

Is this just a diagnostic thing to use ink?

As mentioned before the print quality is very good and it would be a good printer again if it would quit aligning all of the time.   There must be a way to turn this off!

Thanks, Dave

HP Recommended

@Miboiler

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

Did you check for any other HP Forum posts to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have consumed almost all of the new ink cartridges with this trouble shooting.  What I need is a work around or software to stop the alingment everytime i print a page. 

At this point in time maybe you could recommend a Brother or Epson printer I should buy to replace my perfectly good but troublesome HP printer.

Thanks, Dave

HP Recommended

@Miboiler

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.