Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8725
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi Everybody,

I'm the owner of a HP Officejet Pro 8725 since yesterday and found an incovenience today. I want to scan two pages which are stapled so I can't use the ADF without removing the staples. I want to scan both pages on the glass using the method double-sided so the both scans are put together as one file. The problem I encounter is the limit time between the both scans. If I have scanned the first page, open the scanner, turning the page and put it back on the glass the printer completes the scan before I can hit the button for the second scan. How can I adjust the time?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you remove the staples?  If you can, you can use the ADF, which is able to scan both sides automatically.

This video will show you how to scan both sides automatically using the ADF (@time 5:26 onwards):

HP Officejet Pro 8710 / 8720 /8730 /8740 : Copy & Scan a 2 sided document using the ADF

If you would just like to use the glass, you can still do so, follow these steps:

1. Place 1st page on the scan glass

2. Start Scan using the Scan Software (assume that you have your FULL feature software installed)

3. 1st page scanned (you can see it appearing on the scan software), click on "Add pages" (where the Green dot is)

Scan Extended Add pages.jpg

4. Place 2nd page on the scan glass

5. Click Scan on software to scan 2nd page

6. Repeat for any additional pages

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

But it's not possible to make the time after the printer autocompletes longer? Maybe it can be fixed in a future-update. I would like that very much. If not your solution is a good alternative.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Not sure if you understood how the "Add Pages" work:  you can have as much time as you need for the 2nd page scan.

The Scanner will only scan once you click the Scan on the Software, so there is no time pressure.

Hope that clarifies why there is no need to "make the time after the printer autocompletes longer"

Thanks.

HP Recommended

That's true. The time-limit is only when I scan using the screen of the printer and want's a double-sided scan of 2 pages. That time-limit is now too strict when I change the paper on the glass. On my old Canon but also on an other HP (old one on a other pc) the time in that mode is longer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification that the timing is for the Scan to Computer feature.

We tried it out and there are 30 secs before timeout for each of the 2 screens. (to "Add Item" and "Start Scan")

Personally, 30 secs is a pretty long time even to flip a page and to put it back to the scanner and hit "Start Scan".

DSC_2576.jpg

DSC_2577.jpg

Anyway, hope your issue is resolved not that you know that you can use the software to add pages.

Do let us know otherwise.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tested Scan to Computer feature twice again at the moment of changing the paper: at the moment add page and just before hitting start scan.  Maybe I was a screen too far. At the first time I was in between add page and scan in this feature. And now I have time enough. Maybe the printer wasn't ready during his first time. 🙂 It solved itself.

HP Recommended

Hi @martwoutnl,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.