Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My touchscreen has cracked on my printer and I have new houshold Wifi which I cannot connect to as the screen does not work. My Printer is out of warranty. Is there any other way I can connect to my new wifi?

Thanks in advance...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Martlet74

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer with a broken screen and you would like to connect the printer wirelessly. I'll do my best to help.

I did some research and found that there is a workaround to convert the USB installation into a wireless one.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• If you have already installed the printer's full featured drivers/software then you may continue with the below steps.
  • If the full featured drivers are not yet installed then please download and install then from this link. NOTE: Do not connect the printer via USB initially. During the installation, there will be a prompt to connect the printer and that's when you need to connect it via USB.

Once the drivers are installed, please follow the below steps:

• Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs, click the folder for your printer, then click the name of your printer.

The printer software opens.

• Click Utilities, and then click Printer Setup & Software.

• Click Connect/Convert a new printer, and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer on your wireless network. You should get an option to convert it to Wireless.

I hope this information helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.