Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am using white cardstock that is 110 lbs in tray 1 and have tried to slightly "bend" up the top of the stock.  It still will not feed.  I saw the post about "roughing" the roller, but did not want to void my warranty.  If I ask for two sided printing, it says there is a conflict with cardstock and will not even start. 

HP Recommended

I'm trying to print on cardstock and I'm having the same problem. Tech support is unable to help me. Something is seriously wrong with this printer that doesn't print standard cardstock for cards (110 lb.).

Any HP assistance please??

HP Recommended

Hi

Which tray are you using to print the cardstock?

Follow the steps in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02920174

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi there,

If this does not work, you can try to copy/print 50-100 blank plain media, and proceed to Step (1) - (3) as mentioned above.

[I beleive you had carried out this step]

You can use this following steps:

1) Select cardstock from Printer Preferences

2) Load a few pieces of cardstock in input tray (~10 pieces)

3) Print your images.

Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus.  Printer does not feed letter size card stock.  Printer indicates "out of paper".  I have Windows 8 Pro as an operating system.  The drivers for this printer are up to date.

HP Recommended
This will sound strange, but I know that it has worked with other 8600's that have a similar problem. Make 100 blank copies on plain paper, then try to print on card stock. The reason for doing this is just to wear in the rollers. HP made them too thick and you have to wear them in a little before they will accept thicker media(paper) types. Let me know what happens.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

HP has recently released a firmware update for the 8600 series printer.  The firmware has several product fixes/enhancements.  Below is the list:

1) Enhance ePrint Diagnostic report for ePrint Setup
2) Improve ease of wireless setup
3) Enhanced Embedded Web Services
4) Improve Print Quality
5) Improve Ink Usage
6) Improve paper path performance
7) Improve Digital scan performance 

The firmware version is CLP1CN1304AR and was released 2013-03-21.

As mentioned in 6), the paper path performance has been improved and this was directed at printing with Cardstock/Photo Paper in the 8600.  

There are 3 different versions of the 8600 and I will provide links below to the download page for this firmware update for each.

8600 Base (N911a or CM749a)

8600 Plus (CM750a or N911g)

8600 Premium (N911n or CN577a)

For information about how to perform a firmware update in the 8600 click the link below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

Let me know the results of updating the firmware and differences with the product's capacity to handle Cardstock/Photo Paper.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

UNFORTUNATELY (yes that's the word from tech support) -- this printer will only accept 8-1/2 x 11 paper weights up to 55-60 lb.  4x6 paper up to 110 lb.  5x7 80-90 lb.  Nice to know now!!!  Downgrading the qualities from the 8500.  How did they think this was OK?

HP Recommended

Hi maureen107,

Check out the product specifications at the link below for the supported media for this printer.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Series Printer Series (N911) Product Specifications

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I am having this same problem and I just got my printer today! I have tried everything that I have read on the forums and nothing is working. This printer was a gift to me and I am extremely frustrated that it is not working... Prints perfectly on regular paper but I have to go through a big ordeal to try and print on cardstock. The main reason the printer was purchase was because the person who got it for me knows I print a lot and I print a lot on Cardstock... Is there any other assistance you can give me???

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.