Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Laserjet 2015d in WIN7 (32 bit) with USB connection.  I keep getting unwanted pages printing with:

"GET /DEVMgmt/Discoverytree.xml HTTP/1.1

Host: 127.0.02:8080"

I found similar posts for other HP Laserjets but their repair method didn't work for me as I don't have a "Printer Status Notication" option as noted below.

--------------

(repair method quoted from another post for the 2055dn printer)

- Goto Printer and select HP 2055dn (currently using "PCL6" driver)

- Right click and select "Printer properties"

- Goto "Device Settings" tab

- Goto "Installable Options" settings

- Duplex Unit: Installed

- Printer status notification: DISABLED

Press "OK" to accept!

---------------------

Since I don't have the Printer Status Notication under "Device Settings" how do I fix this problem with my P2015d?  I am also using the PCL6 driver.  Ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please click  on Start  --> 

Printers and Devices -->

Double Click on Printer (PCL 6 )

Double Click Costomize your Printer

Click on Device settings and then check in list and set following:-

Printer status notification: DISABLED

Apply

ok

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Same exact issue.  This seems to plaque HP from what I can tell.  Hopefully someone at HP will respond with an actual fix.  Surely with their vast resources they can solve this.

HP Recommended

The P2015 is a commercial printer. For the best chance at finding a solution I would suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support!

You may find the Commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

The actual article related to this product can be fonud here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesI...

Hope this helps! :smileyembarrassed:

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended

I'm using a hp photosmart plus b209a and just connected it to new Gateway desktop and i'm having the same problem of the extra sheet.  Did not have this problem, with this printer, when running XP or Vista.  Someone please solve this.

HP Recommended

I have an M2727, just back from repairs, doing the same thing. Never happened when I was using XP, but now using Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit and problem has surfaced. Installed drivers for HP Universal Printer PS UPD. I'm also so far unable to print via our network; only able to print by plugging in USB to my laptop. Any solutions would be most appreciated! 

HP Recommended

Please click  on Start  --> 

Printers and Devices -->

Double Click on Printer (PCL 6 )

Double Click Costomize your Printer

Click on Device settings and then check in list and set following:-

Printer status notification: DISABLED

Apply

ok

HP Recommended
Modifying the Printer Status Notification fixes the issue.
HP Recommended

Does anyone know if HP released a fix for this, i have an HP P2015 that is doing the same thing

HP Recommended

I think it same as above  i told

HP Recommended

I really wish people would stop suggesting the disable Notification method because it has literally NEVER worked for me and I work for a company where all we do is work on HP printers.  This issue plagues NUMEROUS printers.  I usually see it with either P2015s or Color 2605s.  I'm just wondering why so many people can read the original post and suggest the very thing that the poster said DIDN'T work for them.

I'm still looking for a "fix" for this clearly HP problem.  Out of the hundreds of printers that I deal with in a short period of time, this issue always bugs me to no end.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.