Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, More news on this issue.

I have an HPPhotosmart C7250 that has worked flawlessly for years with a mix of Apple and PC laptops.  Last month I purchased a new HP ENVY dv7 laptop.  Now, any time I print from this new HP laptop (in either Word or Mathcad) it prints an extra blank page for every real page (even if I simply open a new document and write "test" and then print).

Given my experience with an entirely different HP printer model (that still works fine with other platforms) I suspect this problem is more widespread and HP-centric than previously thought.  A solution from HP would be appreciated.  Thanks

HP Recommended

How do you stop the HP8600 from printing a summary page BEFORE every word document?

HP Recommended

@sue_wiswell, does the printer print out a summary page on anything else you print? 

HP Recommended

no, incidently i hardley ever use it now and will probably sell it.

HP Recommended

@gromitswallace, OK, let me know if you still have the issue and need any help. 

HP Recommended

I have a solution that worked for me so far. Not sure if it will help everyone else here.

Access your device via Control Panel (under devices and printers for most).

Go to set preferences

Click Advanced

Go under Printer Features

If Print with Borders is selected, click this and choose Print Borderless. 

This solved it for me.

Good luck everyone.

🙂

HP Recommended
I have been having the same problem with PeachTree invoices. PT said not to use custom invoices, to use theirs and it still happens. They have had a problem with HP printers and PT software. No answer from either companies. May go and buy another brand at this point...sorry HP....not!!
HP Recommended

I tried this twice and this fix does not work. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

I have an HP8600 pro Plus and am experiencing the same problem.

It just started spitting out a blank sheet after every print job.

I’ve had this printer for just over a year, and it has been fine all this time. In fact I LOVE it.

However, it started spitting out an extra blank sheet, about 10 seconds after print job is complete.  I’m running Window 7 – updates off (so it is not a windows update issue – Updates are off for ALL programming. So you can’t blame changes on any of those.)

Printer is connected directly to computer with printer cable.

It consistently does this after every print job.  Anything in MS office, including excel, word, publisher, anything from Acrobat and from Borderbund Screen Shot if it is not a saved screen shot.

It does NOT do this after printing a .jpeg picture straight from windows viewer, or JPEG and .PSD from JASC Paint Shop Pro, Broderbund Screen Shot if it is a saved JPEG or a print test page. It does not spit out an extra page after a fax report either.

So, it seems to print JPEGs and .PSDs fine. Any other file type gets the extra sheet.

(Perhaps it is all document file extensions?)

As I said, this printer functioned perfectly for a year, and it just started doing this out of the blue.

I can’t see blaming programming of the computer or other programs as nothing has changed in a year.

This seems to be a PRINTER issue.  The way the printer is interpreting files.

What makes this happen?  Can it be fixed?

I've checked all the settings and they all seem fine.

I’m quite computer literate, and yes, my monitor is turned on.

I’d appreciate a fix rather than more questions as I've seen on most other answers, or blaming it on something it is not.

HP Recommended
I've posted a resolution that's worked for myself and others. You may wish to try it as well since it was such a simple fix.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.