Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

That is not a solution - it is a workaround.  Why doesn't HP fix the **bleep** problem?

HP Recommended

Solution posted by Sophia on 1/11/12 worked for me on my HP6510 software installation. Thanks Sophia!

HP Recommended

I just tried the recommendation of unchecking the automatically restart the scanner activation at log-in box that SophiaS posted on 1-11-12 and it worked.  Thanks, SophiaS

HP Recommended

here is the work around

(the experience changes are that a scan is easiest to run from your PC and  ink alerts happen when you print, not anytime - like when a family member runs you out of ink)

from mtbaughs    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home/hp-network-communicator/m-p/1160329#M23620

Try disabling the scan activation by following the steps below:

1. Open the HP software by clicking on the desktop icon or by opening it from the programs folder <All Programs>HP>Product>

2. Navigate to the Heading Scanner Actions in the software and click on the link titled Manage Scan to Computer

3. Disable the activation and uncheck the box to automatically restart the activation when you log back in.

Keep the scan deactivated unless you need to scan, at which time simply enable the activation by reversing the steps above.

Set ink alerts to show only when you print if it is not already. To do this, open the HP software and click on estimated ink levels.

The printer toolbox appears - Select the advanced settings tab

On the advanced settings tab, make sure the default is set to 'Only show me ink alerts when I print'. Let me know if that has any impact

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....

(I am an HP employee)
HP Recommended

Thanks, that worked for me.

HP Recommended

There is a recent software release that corrects this "hourglass" or "blue circles" mouser cursor behavior.

I would suggest going here to check for newer software for your hp printer: http://h20614.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmd/welcome.aspx?

For those users who might be experiencing similar behavior on a different product, new software was recently released for many hp inkjet printer products (corresponding with the release of Windows 😎 that corrects this behavior.

If a newer software release is available for your product, I would strongly suggest installing it.

Regards,  Kent G.

Kent G.
HP Retired, however my posts and replies are my own, not HP's.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
HP Recommended

Your Solution works for me.

Thanks

HP Recommended

This is so annoying.  Changing the setting for ink alerts helped, but the problem still exists.  Going through the process of disabling and the enabling the scanner is a pain.  What has happened to HP?  I have owned a laserjet 4 for about 15 years. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.  i bought a Compact Presario about 5 years ago.  Only had problems after all of the HP updates stared to slow it down.  Bought this new Office Jet 4622 and it makes my one year old Compaq Presario PC go crazy.  Don't even get me started on the mess HP made of the Palm Pre.  And customer support? Forget about it.  Sad to say, but a company that i have always trusted an recommended to many friends and clients for some 20 years will never see another cent of mine.

HP Recommended

Mine was already defaulted to scanner off.  But, changing the ink checking setting did the trick on the 110 series.  Seems like, while it may be good as a global setting, it really causes issues.  I use my Lenovo T-430 to run video calibration hardware and software, and it is unacceptable to be getting interference from anything not directly connected to the system.  I thought it was a neat idea to have the ability to print my reports from anywhere I have wifi, but even that has been problematic at times.  It seems like each time I go back home with the laptop, I have to reboot the printer to clear the "spinning circles"... lol...

HP Recommended

Solved. THANKS

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.