Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-15-2017 01:29 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting driver is unavailable error on your HP Photosmart 7150 Printer . I would like to help you resolve this issue.
1. Power reset the printer and make sure the printer is plugged in directly to the wall outlet, avoiding power bars and surge protectors. This ensures the printer is receiving full power.
- Press the Power button to turn on the product.
- With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
- If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
2. Make a black and white copy and a color copy from the front of the printer to see if they work.
3. From your PC, run the Print and Scan Doctor, and select "Fix Printing". This diagnostic tool will check for any conflicts that could be causing the issue. The tool will show you a report at the end. If there was a problem that the tool could not fix, you will notice it in the results.
Let me know how it goes.
I am an HP Employee
11-12-2017 08:11 PM - last edited on 11-12-2017 09:18 PM by rick-s
Same problem. HP driver download site would not allow me to select a driver that differed from Windows 10. I had to use an older computer to download HP 7150 driver for Vista 64 bit, copy to USB drive and install on a new Win 10 computer. Fewer functions but the HP 7150 now works with Windows 10. Things would be simpler if HP simply produced a driver for Win 10. Planned obsolescence, and will certainly affect my interest in purchasing any HP products in the future.
11-14-2017 08:37 AM
I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).
Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.
09-01-2018 01:42 PM
I finally got my HP Photosmart 7150 working with Windows 10 64bit. I downloaded the Microsoft catalog update file 10.2.0.4 from http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=photosmart+7150.
Then I extracted the .cab file (called 20053816_e4c19097fe01a8256595770c5052ff2e6f2053ca).
Then through Device Manager, I selected Update Driver and browsed to the directory the .cab extracted to.