Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear

How I can install HP Laserjet 1000 series in windows 7 

HP Recommended

If anyone still has this problem - installing HP LaserJet 1000 in Windows 7 - 64 bit - I suggest looking at the procedure I posted in the previous page (message No. 70, dated 4/17/2012).  The procedure might take a while to complete, but it let us save the printer, which has worked fine for us so far - we print on it  from four different computers, though our home wifi network.

HP Recommended

After I hole month i still CANT not set up hp LaserJet 1000 via network on my Win 7 laptop.

I did all this what Los15 told us, BUT when I press "WINDOWS UPDATE" to find driver LaserJet 1100 MS a get this message !

hp1000.jpg

For a month, everytime I try to add printer, I always get this message: Windows was unable to get a list devices from Windows Upadate. Please try again later.

I really dont know what to do next !? Please help !

HP Recommended

tolong kirimkan driver HP deskjet 1000s

HP Recommended

@nesh_bros wrote:

After I hole month i still CANT not set up hp LaserJet 1000 via network on my Win 7 laptop.

I did all this what Los15 told us, BUT when I press "WINDOWS UPDATE" to find driver LaserJet 1100 MS a get this message !

hp1000.jpg

For a month, everytime I try to add printer, I always get this message: Windows was unable to get a list devices from Windows Upadate. Please try again later.

I really dont know what to do next !? Please help !

Hi, maybe you can start with reading the previous posts ? sorry, a bad joke 🙂

HP laserjet 1000 is not supported on Windows 7, either you install a windows 7 with XP mode support, either you use the printer shared on a brand old XP PC.

I did so, HP loves me, I have two HP machines, one old on XP (saved from the trash), one new on 7ven 64 (the worst we can find for old HP products). and of course a HP LJ1000 printer, not good for the planet but works well.

HP Recommended

You might want to take a look at this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/hp-laserjet-1100-driver-missing-...

I have selected in Device Installation Settings:

"No, let me choose what to do"

and:

" Install driver software from Windows Update ..."

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I know.. but i follow post of Los15 user, and everyone said that works.

HP printer is attached via USB to XP PC. And printer is shared on network.

My laptop with Win 7 can not install driver. I follow instructions that LOS15 gave.. (message 38)..

But I stuck with Updating list of drivers from Windows.. I think if i could update that list, it will work.

HP Recommended

I have bought many HP products over the years because they worked well, lasted a long time and they always in the past updated their drivers for the new os's as they came out.  Which made buying their products a good investment in the ever changing computer world.  Until now.. 

Don't get me wrong the Hp Laserjet is a great printer.  I bought 3 of them and would still be using them today except that HP decided not to update the drivers... So they are in a trash heap somewhere slowly wasting away.

Buy the time you spend all the time and resources to try to make the printer work through patch drivers and / or old systems on the network that will still work on with the old drivers.  You could go buy a new printer and save time and money. 

Because your time is more valueable.  If HP wanted to retain their customer base would have updated the driver.

Deborah D. Bock

Broker

HP Recommended

@nesh_bros, Hi,

I used the same post ({38 from Los15), did you share the DOS version of the driver on XP ? It seems the full package should be installed on XP, share the DOS printer then try to access it through network and install windows 7 1100 MS driver. Worked perfect for me (and some other, as can be seen in previous post history). Hope you'll succeed in !

HP Recommended

nesh_bros

Hi, did you give Updating list of drivers from Windows enough time to complete?  It takes a while, the first time I used it I thought that the PC had frozen, because it was taking so long, and cancelled it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.