Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Will there be a Windows 7 driver for the HP Scanjet 4370?

It seems that everytime that I upgrade my operating system I loose an HP scanner.

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

I also wonder the same thing.  Is there going to be a driver for Windows 7?  In the business forums an HP tech said there would be, but there still isn't one listed with the other drivers.

Windowx 7 64 bit is what I am looking for drivers for.

HP Recommended

@Digitizer wrote:

Will there be a Windows 7 driver for the HP Scanjet 4370?

This page indicates the driver is available from Windows Update and there will not be drivers from HP beyond that.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Conditional thanks.

Yes the Scanjet 4370 driver was downloaded from the Windows update site - BUT the scanner will not scan.

It makes the usual sounds when the computer is booted (so it IS powered) but when the scan button is pushed and (if) the New Scan window comes up on the computer, I press the Preview button and that's as far as it gets.  It never scans.  I've waited an hour - no scan. Just the little blue ring cycling.  I've tried different USB ports and unplugging the scanner.  Still no scans.

When ended via Task Manager - I get a window that says something like "Windows Image Aquisition Wizard" is not responding.

So, we're still not in the clear yet.  A non-scanning scanner is not a scanner at all.

Also, while we're at it, HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 (even in Vista compatability mode) does not run either.

HP Recommended

Windows 7 did download a 4370 driver and, on those days where it recognizes the device as a Scanjet and not a USB scanner, simply DOES NOT WORK.  When clicking the "preview" button, it goes out to scan AND NEVER COMES BACK.  The spinning blue "O" will spin for over an hour without a can actually happening.

In short - THE DRIVER DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

HP Recommended

My fresh install of Windows 7 did find and download the driver.  The process for scanning is clunky and difficult but it does work.  Some programs do not recognize that the scanner is there though.  I would greatly prefer the HP software.  It worked!

HP Recommended

When I simply go to "Devices and Printers" from the Windows 7 Start button, right click on HP Scanner and select "Start Scan" and Select "Preview" from the scan window, the blue circle appears but no scan or relsponse from the scanner ever takes place.

This is a simple as it gets - the driver software simply DOES NOT WORK.

" With HP Total Care you get 24/7 service, advice, learning and support whether your HP products are in- or out-of-warranty." -- Do you really believe this last statement (taken from the HP web page)???? --- I don't think so.

This looks like it's going to be the second HP scanner that I've lost due to operating system upgrades.  I swear that it will be my last.

HP Recommended

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/win7web/printer-support/us/en/scanjet.html

says to install drivers via windowsupdate

but...

where do I find a kindof tutorial how I should perform this update in practice?

Rudolf

HP Recommended

I too have the same problem ... my scanjet not work with Windows 7 ... many people need this driver ... What about HP? ... solve this problem please ... they are grateful in advance ...

HP Recommended

Any further news on this? I'm about top buy an epson scanner if I can't get my HP 4370 to work on windows 7.  The driver siomply doesn't work. And it doesn't work in XP Mode either....

This is very poor from HP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.