Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Checked and found the signal is very strength ("Excellent") and both bluetooth + wireless lights are on on the printer.

Can you show me how to obtain the ad-hoc (direct device-to-device) wireless signal "hpsetup" from the printer ?.

Really appreciate your assistance and guidance.

Thanks

HP Recommended
The printer should be broadcasting 'hpsetup' as a default (as long as the wireless radio is on - is the wireless radio light on?).  If your computer has this enabled (by the way, what operating system are you using?) it should see it like any other wifi network.
I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Yeap, i have actally overlooked the "Hpsetup" wireless as not rolling down to see all available wireless network.......So sorry !!!

That's great now and i have succeeded to install the wireless option. Again, really appreciate your detailed guidance as well as assistance.

Have a good day ahead and bye for now.  

HP Recommended

I am having some of the similar issues with my AIO. It is connected wirelessly using a hard coded IP of 192.168.1.2. My DHCP starts at .10. I went through the setup on the printer and was successful getting it on the wireless network. Next I went to a WinXp SP3 laptop and used the CD to install the printer drivers and software. I was successful this time in getting this done and printing a test page. So I felt all was good to go.

So a couple hours later I tried to use the same CD to install to a Win7 64 bit laptop but this time the printer was not seen when it came up to the dialog to show the printer. I tried a number of things, including turning off the firewall on the Win7 laptop but nothing was working. So I went back to basics and tried to ping the printer's IP but I got destination host unreachable. I also checked the admin console of my FIOS router and found that the printer was not listed any longer. I suspected that since it went into power savings mode it prolly takes down the wireless radio. So I went back into the printer's config and turned this option off. The printer then was again seen by the router's admin console but still the Win7 laptop says destination host unreachable.

I walked away for a couple of hours and came back only to find the printer was again missing from the router's admin console. It seems the wireless radio continues to go offline. I am at a loss with what to do next. Has anyone else had these similar issues?

FYI the router is 192.168.1.1, the AIO is 192.168.1.2, the WinXP laptop is 192.168.1.13 and the Win7 laptop is 192.168.1.11. This is not an issue where the printer is on one subnet and the PCs are on a different one.

Thanks,

Steve

HP Recommended

How did you set the static IP address for the printer - in the router config menu?

If so, you can also do it in the printer.  Type its IP address into a browser (when it is connected to the network, obviously).  Go to the Networking tab, then choose Wireless along the left side, then IPv4 tab.  Fill in the data for Manual IP then click Apply.

Another thing that could be happening is interference.  Have you tried different 2.4GHz channels?  Remember, only use channels 1, 6 or 11. 

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I set the IP at the printer. There is an option to manually enter the IP. At the router I told my DHCP server to start serving IPs at .10, so I could statically assign IPs to things like printers.

I am running channel 11 on the router and the laptops have no issue in connecting. Again the strange part is that the printer comes alive on the network when I do something from the printer's touchscreen. When it sits idle its like the wireless radio shuts down, which is strange considering I turned power savings mode off.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue but this solution isn't helping me at all.  PLEASE HELP!  I've spend the past 4 hours on the phone with HP and got nowhere.  I'd like to try this solution but don't know how to enable my computer to see adhoc networks. I know I can create an adhoc network but then I'll be disconnected from internet so, won't be able to type ip address in browser.   I have the ethernet cable plugged in and still can't access the printer through  ip address in the browser.  Please somebody help!!

HP Recommended

Have you rebooted your router lately?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I think I have rebooted the router at some point during this whole process.  Is there a particular time I need to restart the router? The problem isn't that the printer dosen't see and connect to my network.   My laptop is connected to my network and the printer says it's connected to my network but when I install the printer software for wireless connection it gets stuck at the selecting my network screen.. it's blank - doesn't see it.  So, the software gets stuck or I install it using the USB option and then unplug USB and try wirelessly but either way,  I can't print via wireless because it says my printer is offline.  I need some step by step instructions for installation please!  Last conversation with HP they said it was a Windows 7 issue with the software and that I wasn't the only one.  But, if that were the case wouldn't everyone have this problem?

HP Recommended

kellykid,

Print a Network Config Page from the front panel of the printer.  It should indicate that it is connected to your router and also indicate its IP address.

Type that IP address into a browser to see if you can connect to the printer.

What operating system are you using?  What security system do you use?

I am employed by HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.