Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet4135 "All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly today after printing a document from the Internet, my printer WILL NOT print a word document. It's worked fine up until now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Featherhead12

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print word document. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution.

• Are you getting any error message while printing?
  • How is the printer connected to computer, wired or wireless?
  • Print from a different application like (Notepad, Ms Excel).
  • Did you do any any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

Perform a power reset.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Featherhead12

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print word document. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution.

• Are you getting any error message while printing?
  • How is the printer connected to computer, wired or wireless?
  • Print from a different application like (Notepad, Ms Excel).
  • Did you do any any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

Perform a power reset.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried the powed on, unplug, wait and plug back in. It did not work.  I will print everything but a Word document.

HP Recommended

Have the same problem. Will print PDF docs but will not print Word docs and command does not show in the printer actions box (inside Control Panel).

Is this yet another Windows Update failure?

HP Recommended

Read somewhere else to turn off UAC, it worked. Not ideal but I can now print word docs

HP Recommended

HP Envy 4500 does not print word documents. DOES make copies, so somehting must be wrong (or not connected?) with Microsoft word.

What do I do?

HP Recommended

Having the same problem with WORD, has anyone figured out the solution?

HP Recommended
  • Are you getting any error message while printing?--- NO
  • How is the printer connected to computer, wired or wireless?--- WIRELESS
  • Print from a different application like (Notepad, Ms Excel).---Prints, Excel, PDF, everything except WORD
  • Did you do any any hardware or software changes?--- Not recently that I can remember unless done automatically

Please help

HP Recommended

Has this been solved? I am having same issue, can print PDF, paint, etc but not on Word. Really hoping to get help with this! 

HP Recommended
Read somewhere else turning uas off worked for some. in my case it turned out that the word document was locked somehow. Good luck
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.